Olight X7 CoolNeutral White

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Lots of reviews and beamshots of the CW versions but hardly a mention of the NW ones. Would appreciate hearing others opinions and sharing any photos or video of the NW version. The greenish tint of the CW is very evident in the reviews and I was wondering if the NW might improve on that.

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate the link. I had read that thread and after seeing those pics, wondered why anyone would even look at the CW version. I had read a while back that the NW version is extremely yellow looking but cannot find where I read it.

toobadorz

Newly Enlightened
I do have a brief review for X7 NW/CW and X7R on TLF: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/olight-x7-x7r-measurements-and-beamshots.58426/

Some beamshot comparisons from that:

b58CUSy.jpg

J9LmHot.jpg

OQVF0zF.jpg

YCvVt8R.png

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Now there is some examples. X7 NW really does look pretty yellow in those shots. I ordered the X7 kit (CW, batteries and charger) but they mistakenly sent just an X7 in NW (no batteries or charger). They were very apologetic and are shipping out the X7 kit asap along with a return authorization for the X7 NW. I am thinking when the kit arrives I could then use those batteries to try the X7 NW and compare the two. The vendor said I could keep either X7 with the batteries and charger.

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to read that forum in English. Your linked thread was in English and there seems to be a wealth of information on that forum. Really nice job on your review and photos!

harro

Enlightened
Here is a photo of the X7 in CW and NW. The photo's are as close as I could get to what my eyes are seeing ( see below about camera aperture ), and taken with a SONY HX200V. Hope they help.

X7CW
HroZhmW.jpg

X7NW
EIaf1sz.jpg

The output of both is as close as it appears to the naked eye, although i'm certain a lux meter would tell the true story. The neutral white, to my eyes at least, is very natural, not too creamy, and the cool white is certainly not as blue as some lights.
The new building at the end of the street is roughly 100 Meters according to Google Measurer.
The camera aperture is reduced slightly to try and reduce the washout in the immediate foreground, so, a little brighter in reality.
Hope this helps.

:)

Last edited:

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
Let me begin by thanking everyone for their input. I received an X7 kit in CW today and much to my dismay it is obviously used! Batteries installed with no protective plastic = completely dead, no clear plastic lens protector, no clear wrapper on the box, box covered in scratches, little black pull tabs in the box torn off. Immediately called vendor who promised to make things right. But at least I was able to charge the batteries and try both lights. A "wall of light" is how some have described the X7's output and I definitely agree. I thought my little Shining Beam Mini at 360 lumens was bright. It's like comparing the Moon to the Sun. I do like the CW better than the NW as the NW was a little to yellow for my taste. So my 3rd X7 should be on it's way. Will post a little update upon it's arrival.

toobadorz

Newly Enlightened
Google translates these German posts @ TLF well, you may try it out.

Puffcat

Newly Enlightened
So I finally got my NEW X7 kit and everything works great. Turbo S works everytime and I really like the C4 charger. Cannot be too critical of Going Gear's mixups in light of Marshalls passing. My condolences to his family. Cedric did take good care of the situation so "hats off" to him. While I am satisfied with the X7 I wish there was a way for Olight to take about 1/4 of the flood and add it to the throw. It would make all those lumens a little more useful in my opinion. Also wish the tint leaned more white rather than green but I guess that's an XHP 70 thing.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
So I finally got my NEW X7 kit and everything works great.

Quite a light, huh. Got mine a week ago. I actually love the NW, mine doesn't seem at all so yellow as the taschenlamp comparison pics, and good color rendering.