Rip Tom petty

raggie33

*the raggedier*
What a sad day with Las Vegas and one of my fav rockers

Capolini

Banned
Very sad,,,,first Las Vegas tragedy, news of Marshall from GG and now tom Petty.......I hope there is no more bad news for today!

And 11 years ago today the Amish school tragedy 30 miles from my house.

PRAYERS FOR ALL

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The tune "Mr. Spaceman has been playing in my head since hearing the news about Tom Petty.
That and "so you wanna be a rock n roll star"...
(Turns out Tom Petty had no part in Mr Spaceman, but it sure does sound like him playing the guitar)

I really dug that Tom Petty & the HeartBreakers tune that was a B-Side called "I'm the night watchman". I suppose being a flashaholic just makes that tune seem 23% cooler.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Free Falling

Lost my mother Friday. 84 years.

Too many taken too soon

Cherish your friends and loved ones

I am sorry to hear that.Sorry for your loss.

It is difficult dealing with aging parents knowing that each day can be their last..

My Dad is 87 and doing pretty good with the exception of numerous physical problems. My Mom is not doing well, 89 and tomorrow I am going to visit her in a nursing home.Not a joyful place for any of us to go.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you gentlemen. She was found in bed that morning. Hoping your parents depart peacefully when the time comes. I'm sorry to stray off topic from the loss of such a great performer, enduring talent, down-to-earth guy, Tom Petty. It's just that my emotions are fried from all this death. Candlepowerforums is the place We go to for a break from the everyday, the distraction from problems. You all are much appreciated. Thanks for letting me admit this sadness to you.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Been listening to the Tom Petty station on SiriusXM all day; John Fogerty called in and offered his condolences, Bruce Springsteen sent a note for the family, it's been like that all day..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
His "MudCrutch" project doesn't get talked about much.
The closing theme song from the movie Appaloossa was one of his best works in my view.
An old school Tom Petty jammer.

david57strat

Enlightened
The tune "Mr. Spaceman has been playing in my head since hearing the news about Tom Petty.
That and "so you wanna be a rock n roll star"...

My favorite Tom Petty & the HeartBreakers tune was a B-Side called "I'm the night watchman". I suppose being a flashaholic just makes that tune seem 23% cooler.

For me, it was Breakdown that kept going through my head.

LGT

Enlightened
Went to one of his concerts, 1986 worcester centrum. Awesome show. Could have seen him in mansfield massachusetts around 2006 but balked at the ticket price. Kicking myself in the butt now.
Just finished watching a documentary on him on netflix, so much more to the depth of the man and his music then I ever understood.

Last edited:

david57strat

Enlightened
Went to one of his concerts, 1986 worcester centrum. Awesome show. Could have seen him in mansfield massachusetts around 2006 but balked at the ticket price. Kicking myself in the butt now.
Just finished watching a documentary on him on netflix, so much more to the depth of the man and his music then I ever understood.

I will forever regret that I never made the opportunity to see him play, live.

Just marked the Netflix special, for future viewing. Thanks for mentioning it, LGTl!

LGT

Enlightened
These are some of my favorite Tom Petty songs in no particular order.
American Girl
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Running Down A Dream
Here Comes My Girl
You Got Lucky
Wild Flowers
Don't Come Around Here No More.

It's really tough to leave out others, but most of these stir up some intense memories.
Pretty amazing how music can bring you back to different times in your life.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
These are some of my favorite Tom Petty songs in no particular order.
American Girl
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Running Down A Dream
Here Comes My Girl
You Got Lucky
Wild Flowers
Don't Come Around Here No More.

It's really tough to leave out others, but most of these stir up some intense memories.
Pretty amazing how music can bring you back to different times in your life.

"Don't come around here no more" lady voice
"Whowere you expecting meeee-eeee" petty sings
"HEY!!" crowd yells

Best music video ever in my view.

I saw him open for ZZ Top. The crowd sang really really loud during "break down" as Tom mumbled from time to time like he was going to sing but was so stoked at how loud the crowd was singing.

"Even the Loser" was probably my favorite.
"Yeah we smoked cigarettes and we stared at the moo-oo-oon"....
happened to me the summer that one came out... and she dumped me not long after... so that one had a special meaning.

Last edited: