Help with identifiing an incan bulb please

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what sort of bulb this is please (What its called) Its 7mm in diameter and 35 mm long. Its 12 volt or at least its driven at 12 volts.

It comes from a big old Uni-lite incan torch and is powered by 3S2P 18650 cells. Originally it was cemented by one end into the base of a reflector. There are some markings on the reflector that are hard to read but MAY say 25W but I'm not sure.

I'm trying to restore the whole light for an old friend and want to try and rebuild the lamp assembly. If any one could tell me what the ceramic type substance that 'glues' the lamp into its base that would be helpful too.

Any help would be appreciated as i know very little about incans

wBD1VY4h.jpg

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh okay thanks. It's only got two connections though?. I guess there must be a ballast in the switch module I haven't actually measured the output from there or looked in it. Any idea where I can buy the lamp?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ballast is probably what that bulb was cemented into. As far as replacement, that's going to be allot harder then your standard lightbulb.
In fact, it may be necessary to replace the entire ballast/bulb combo.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lamp, as shown, was only cemented into an ordinary reflector and it's leads soldered to a simple terminal plate which makes contact with the switch module via two spring loaded pins. I guess any ballast is in there.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top lead is extended and the joint is spot welded but the bottom lead and the extended lead are definitely soldered to the spring loaded pins.