DE3175 vs DE3022

eggsalad

Enlightened
More replacement LED for the 2008 Prius

The cargo area calls for a DE3022.

The dome light calls for a DE3175.

These two bulbs appear to be the exact same form factor. In the incandescent world, the DE3022 is 5w and the DE3175 is 10w.

In the world of cheap LED products, the LED replacements are considered interchangeable.

In the Sylvania Zevo line, they sell both a 3022 and a 3175, despite the fact that each package indicates that it is compatible with the other.

I can't find full Zevo specs to tell me if it's the same actual lamp in 2 different packages, or if one is brighter than the other.

I'm sure one of you smart folks know.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Probably the same bulb...that's how they do it with their different packaging and SKUs for 3057, 3157, 3457, 4114, or 168 and 194, etc.

jzchen

Enlightened
DE3175 is called for in 2012 Prius v (wagon) dome light (the one towards the rear). I decided to swap the incandescent with a LED lest my father accidentally leave the interior light(s) on. (He left the driver side map light on and I just so happen to notice it in the dark last night). LEDs use so little wattage that I estimate about 10x as long to drain the battery. I had the Sylvania ZEVO ready, but it was longer than the original bulb. It was so much longer I was uncomfortable with how much it stretched the metal, that I replaced the incandescent. Is that a manufacturing defect of some sort? (I went on to drop the LED bulb somewhere under the seat into oblivion so can't compare in detail).

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eggsalad

Enlightened
I put it in my Prius, same fixture. Don't be scared of bending the tabs to get it in there, they're made of spring steel.

jzchen

Enlightened
I put it in my Prius, same fixture. Don't be scared of bending the tabs to get it in there, they're made of spring steel.

Thank you for the response!

In my rough estimate it was maybe 2-3mm longer than stock. Of course I went on to lose the bulb somewhere, and spent 20 - 30 minutes in hot morning weather looking around for it, starting to get the beige seats dirty with sweat before I gave up. I may try again to find it this morning...

Was it another type of bulb you think?

Thanks again for sharing!

jzchen

Enlightened
Hey eggsalad. Good to see you on the other side (PriusChat)! I've looked twice for that darn bulb now, and could not find it. I also tried a Philips Ultinon replacement. It seems even harder to fit/requires more force. I'm thinking of returning it, but may check the trunk lamp to see if it fits better there....

Does anyone know what's up with the weird tips at the end? The original has these tabs and the Philips Ultinon has these bulbs of solder. The ZEVO are tapered normally (if I can call it that) but is longer overall....

jzchen

Enlightened
Okay, third time's the charm. I tried this morning in the dark. Yes, with my LED flashlight limiting my field of view, I finally found it had fallen into the seat and was in the bottom lip of plastic all the way in the back! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMLdc9Q4_kJpxBSDFtdFRxrkdp0brFRh/view?usp=drivesdk https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNcpc50HrhNnvW5LeWpQKzqUIRSvhJB1/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited: