Malkoff        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Name your grail have/want

Default Re: Name your grail have/want

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    LEMAX SuperPower....
    Nice pick. I have thought long and hard about the Lemax Superpower. I have searched and read the older topic threads on this item. My excuses for not grabbing this item are just excuses.
    Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagletac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70. Manker MK34Vn XPL.
    Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Always been intrigued by what a Spy can offer...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Now that's a grail.

That's on my "pffft, I'll never find one of those" list. At least in my budget range.

I did find a nice 6P by Laser Products that was a well scuffed unit at an awesome Buy it Now price. It still had a working Laser Products P60 too.
    I set the module aside after scoring another "I'll never find one of those" M61NLL modules. It now has a blemished Malkoff clicky and an Elzetta speed clip so aside from the Elzetta logo on the clip it's a generic looking number that only us flashaholics would appreciate.
    Never say never...
    I found one a couple of years ago, granted it cost me dearly but I landed it after years of looking.
    Auto

Quote Originally Posted by autogiro View Post
    Never say never...
    I found one a couple of years ago, granted it cost me dearly but I landed it after years of looking.
    Auto
    Interesting battery installation schematic ... from those long ago olden times
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    It does make advertising the battery much easier...
    Auto

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Nice pick. I have thought long and hard about the Lemax Superpower. I have searched and read the older topic threads on this item. My excuses for not grabbing this item are just excuses.
    I think you just ran out of excuses . I have the LX70..amazing light but it just made me want the SuperPower more.

A surefire L1 would be the one I'm after.

SPY 007

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Nice.

I have lots of old xenon and krypton lights from those days, from various brands. Canít bring myself to part with them cause theyíre still sorta cool.
    Last edited by magellan; 05-27-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

This was my GRAIL. A 2C Kel-Lite.

The top one was a brand new one. Bottom was a user.
    Both came from Don Kellers personal collection.
    The bottom one is now a 2x 18500 LifePo4 with a 4 cell Mag PR base xenon that puts out about 200 overdriven lumens.

Bonus:

One of Don's LED drop in prototypes.
    This one is #13 of 14 made.

Once I had acquired the 2c my collecting began to taper off. I had acquired nearly every flashlight from the list. Later my final grail, a minty gunmetal 6P was obtained from a fellow CPF'r so that was that.

The E's were not on my list,

So those are a bonus.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-01-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Aside from the specific one in my sig, a C2 with the 82nd Airborne's 'AA' on the bezel.
    WTB: SureFire 6PX 9/11 Edition #513.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by MBentz View Post
    Aside from the specific one in my sig, a C2 with the 82nd Airborne's 'AA' on the bezel.
    Nice. One of my coworkers was in the 101st.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    Nice. One of my coworkers was in the 101st.
    Nice. I was attached to them while deployed, but spent all my garrison time at Ft Bragg.
    WTB: SureFire 6PX 9/11 Edition #513.

Flashaholic

I really want an LF2XT, and a 4/7s bolt light.

Default Name your grail have/want

I want to take the LED that MagLite is using in their Warm White Spektrum series MiniMag AAA and put that LED into a StreamLight Stylus Pro.

Both are 2 x AAA penlights. The LED that MagLite chose is amazing in my eyes. And I find the Stylus Pro from StreamLight to be one of the best work/task lights Iíve ever used thanks to the dimensions, the nice forward clicky, a decent enough pocket clip, and ludicrously simple On/Off user interface. Literally as simple as it gets. I guess the mag light is also On/Off but it has that relatively big head, no clicky, and a pocket clip that was an afterthought...
    Last edited by InvisibleFrodo; 05-29-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by light-modder View Post
    I really want an LF2XT, and a 4/7s bolt light.
    I really liked the look and concept of the bolt light especially the copper but I'm not that big of fan of lights that only use cr123 vs 16340's
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Weld Inspector View Post
    I really liked the look and concept of the bolt light especially the copper but I'm not that big of fan of lights that only use cr123 vs 16340's
    The full size bolt light uses 2xCR2's or 1x14500.

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    The full size bolt light uses 2xCR2's or 1x14500.
    I stand corrected
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Honestly, I don't really have grails. If there's a light I see that I want bad enough, I hustle until I make it happen.

My best light, or the one I'm most proud of that I had to hustle to get is, first and foremost, my Sigma Damascus Copperhead Regulus. Man did I sell to get that one. Sold knives, lights, iirc I sold a McGizmo Mule, an Okluma, and a knife to be able to get it. No regrets, I ended up rebuying a different Okluma (or two), and a Haiku.

My HDS Action light wasn't terribly expensive but I don't think I'll ever part with that one. Spy 005 in black Al and chrome with a warm emitter swap by lazer is also irreplaceable and much beloved.

I hope to one day be lucky enough to own one of the older Spy 007 and there's a dude on Instagram that made a flashlight for himself, every time he posts it I envy him.

Grail update:

I was lucky enough to score a brass Hanko Trident which should have been my grail. Now my ultimate grail is a Mokume Trident and/or any of the older ones with teardrop head. I still want the one from Instagram (maker is Maverick). Not to into the 007 anymore but the Trek with a clip looks great. Any of LM Toolworks band engraved lights are grail worthy too, Iím lucky to have one. HDS thrower head is on my list, as is an 85tr if I find one at a good price. Tim Miklosí work is up there too, and a McGizmo Lunasol. Crap, it seems my list grew instead of shrunk
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Grail update:

I was lucky enough to score a brass Hanko Trident which should have been my grail. Now my ultimate grail is a Mokume Trident and/or any of the older ones with teardrop head. I still want the one from Instagram (maker is Maverick). Not to into the 007 anymore but the Trek with a clip looks great. Any of LM Toolworks band engraved lights are grail worthy too, Iím lucky to have one. HDS thrower head is on my list, as is an 85tr if I find one at a good price. Tim Miklosí work is up there too, and a McGizmo Lunasol. Crap, it seems my list grew instead of shrunk
    hah. Devin shoved me down the rabbit hole... looking to get a Spy of some sort.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456