RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: FD65 quick opinion

Flashaholic*

Default FD65 quick opinion

This FD65 opinion is based on one evening walk of about an hour.

- The FD65 is well made.
    - I really like the separate up and down output switches, either of which will serve as an on/off switch. very effective in use.
    - no battery cage. internal cell contacts are all on springs. battery cap has no springs.
    - maximum output seems less than 3800 lumens, but definitely above 3000 lumens.
    - the rotation of the focus is smooth but stiff, about 90 deg between wide and narrow stops.
    - the tightest focus is not at the narrow stop, but rather seveal degrees off the narrow stop.
    - the beam color is definitely _neutral_ white. very nice!
    - unfortunately the FD65 neutral white makes my too-warm FD45 beam color look even worse. I do not like warm white beam colors! I may dispose of the FD45.
    - there is no hole in the FD65 beam at any spread. There is an obvious ring in the beam that forms during transition between narrow and wide - not objectionable and not really visible outside.
    - 4x18650 cells makes for a relatively heavy light, but it is still jacket-pocketable. The holster is well done.
    - The narrowest beam setting is wider than the FD45 or the TK75.
    - the wrist strap is braided nylon and leather stops. well executed.

My shortest opinion, I strongly prefer the FD65 over the FD45!

Default Re: FD65 quick opinion

Hi moldyoldy,

Thanks very much for your sharging, just right here struggle, now I know which one fits.

Kentucky Bluegrass Region and/or Lake Cumberland area

Default Re: FD65 quick opinion

Thank you for the quick down and dirty of this light. Waiting to close on a new house so I can buy some new lights, this being one of them.
    ​Fenix: CL25R, E21, HL35, LD12 2017, TK41, TK45, UC02. Eagletac: D25A2 (x2). Elzetta: Bravo w/ AVS head. Coast: HP14. Olight: H1R Nova. Solarforce L2 w/ XHP50