Are all American made cr123a batteries the same?

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
I know that they are all made in the same factory, Panasonic Battery of America . Are the specs all the same? Just a different wrapper.

Thanks!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
true! US made CR123's do all come out of the same massive factory. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but this giant factory is in Georgia? OP as per your question the answer is no they are not all the same. Many have the same specs but there are also many that whichever battery giant like Energizer for example has huge contracts to have their cells manufactured to higher standards. Using Energizer as an example again I think their CR123 cells are 1500mah or 1550mah. Most US made CR123's are 1400mah give or take a bit of capacity.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
true! US made CR123's do all come out of the same massive factory. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but this giant factory is in Georgia? OP as per your question the answer is no they are not all the same. Many have the same specs but there are also many that whichever battery giant like Energizer for example has huge contracts to have their cells manufactured to higher standards. Using Energizer as an example again I think their CR123 cells are 1500mah or 1550mah..

That might be a bad example. Energizer 123s are now made in China, not the U.S. plant. According to Energizer, they have been made solely in China for several years now. (I wasn't aware of that and contacted them when my last batch came in.)

W4K4lFg.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Look up CR123a at Battery Junction and Battery Station for the specs.

Streamlight, Battery Station, Duracell, SureFire and Panasonic are the brands made in the Panasonic factory.