Klarus        

Thread: List of "Vampire" flashlights i.e. battery drainers (2017) version?

Default List of "Vampire" flashlights i.e. battery drainers (2017) version?

Did a search for vampire flashlight battery drainers but all the threads are old, 7-9 years old.

So I thought it was time for a new one, Plus most of the lights in the old threads are no longer made.

Looking for cr123a "vampire"?

Thanks!!
    lux mundi

Default Re: List of "Vampire" flashlights i.e. battery drainers (2017) version?

I posted this a little less than two years ago.
    Two in series might drain a 3v lithium similarly...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...attery-vampire

Or just play with one and see what happens, this one had a pretty wide voltage range, sold as a replacement bulb for 2-6 cell lights (3-9v) - but I was getting the 6mA, long running moonlight from a basically dead AAA Duracell.
    Last edited by eh4; 10-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    I posted this a little less than two years ago.
    Two in series might drain a 3v lithium similarly...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...attery-vampire

Or just play with one and see what happens, this one had a pretty wide voltage range, sold as a replacement bulb for 2-6 cell lights (3-9v) - but I was getting the 6mA, long running moonlight from a basically dead AAA Duracell.

Thanks looks cool!
    lux mundi

You bet, I can also recommend the Thrunite Ti3, you get a really low moonlight (firefly) that's good for about 5 days from a fresh AAA battery. That won't help you with draining CR123 cells, not without some resistors or some kind of efficient buck driver, but they're cheap and small, and really handy. - warm up a short piece of clear vinyl tubing to put over the end and it makes a durable spot to hold with your teeth, without wearing the vinyl tubing out, or grinding teeth against anodized aluminum.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    You bet, I can also recommend the Thrunite Ti3, you get a really low moonlight (firefly) that's good for about 5 days from a fresh AAA battery. That won't help you with draining CR123 cells, not without some resistors or some kind of efficient buck driver, but they're cheap and small, and really handy. - warm up a short piece of clear vinyl tubing to put over the end and it makes a durable spot to hold with your teeth, without wearing the vinyl tubing out, or grinding teeth against anodized aluminum.

I have one, it's a great little light!! Thank you for your input!
    lux mundi

Flashaholic*

I like the "Mini Touch Switch Small LG LED Light Use 16340 CR123A Batteries" on banggood for $3.59