Can someone recommend good cells for a battery pack? Thanks

Dude Robert

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I'm new to the forum, so i'm sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but; I currently need a solid battery pack for a torch. The torch is used for extended periods of time every day and I think, not sure, but it uses about 150 watts of power on the highest setting, 75 w at medium-high, 30-40 at above average and about 17 w on the lowest settings. The current battery is around 91, (forgot the voltage and can't take it apart right now) watt hours, and is no good at all, it's faulty and lasts only for about 30 minutes on low load, so I'm looking to replace it.

I use this torch almost every day (I live in Australia) and even when the torch was brand-new it still only lasted around 3-4 hours at a time. While the onboard battery is lightweight and easy to use, it is just not compatible with my requirements, I guess.

OK, so I've been looking at the Samsung 30Q, the LG CHEM HG2 and the LG CHEM MJ1. I've found the HG2 and MJ1 to seem to be suitable, but would appreciate advice on good places to purchase it, organizing them into a pack, and miscellaneous things that I've not thought of yet. For example, how should I test the batteries? I don't want to order them one-by-one to make sure they are genuine. Are vape shops a good place to buy batteries in Australia? There seem to be a few around where I live.

Anyway, here a preferred specs for the pack:

400+ watt hours

Under 6 kilograms

Under $700

Easy to carry around volume and shape OR be easily mounted on a wheeled packpack

Capable of running for extended periods without overheating

Simple operation; easy to charge and discharge

Secure operation; key-operated dials to be used for changing functions such as voltage or on/off outlets

Capable of changing output voltage to: 5V, 6V, 10V, 12v, 12.8v and 18v.

Capable of charging without dismounting entire battery packs; can be charged a wall plug device and a cable

Miniature electrical fire extinguisher mounted inside which can be manually or automatically activated (must be very reliable!) to dampen or extinguish interior fire or burning

And here are some bonus features:

Empty space to possibly mount a mains inverter in the future if needed; along with double or even triple-key on/off secure switch to both power to inverter, inverter operation AND inverter outlet, thus a total of 9 keys required to be stolen in order to access to the inverter power.

Capable of mounting another thing (along with inverter) to charge directly from any mains power outlet in Australia; possibly upgraded via 6-key operation to anywhere in the world

Steel wheel frame mounted on bottom to be able to be carried around on wheels if required, wheels can be "folded in"

Steel pull-out lever to complement above feature; so pack can be easily wheeled around

Latest posts