RofisLight        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eneloop with charger / adapter (Costco) package

Flashaholic*

Default Re: eneloop with charger / adapter (Costco) package

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I was in the Costco in Livonia,MI on Middlebelt Rd. March 19 and these were $19.99 . I don't recall if this was a sale with an end date.
    Costco product number is 1185756
    Super deal, almost worth visiting a costco for, but you risk walking out with a lot more.

Flashaholic

The Westbury NY store has this set back in stock again. Today was the first time I saw them since the end of February. The price is 30 dollars at least for now. I wish they brought back the 10 packs of blue AA’s, I would have walked out with a few of those.

Frank

So is this almost the same as CC-17 and the usb feature is for charging cellphone conventionally?

Yes, specs on the BQ-CC75 charger are basically the same as on the BQ-CC17 - it's slow, but it charges the cells individually. From pictures, I think it's a little bit larger than the CC17, but haven't seen dimensions.

It can provide 1A out through the USB only when plugged into AC power. It can not use the batteries as a powerbank. If it is charging batteries when you plug a USB cable in, it will stop charging the batteries and switch to providing power out through the USB.

What is 1A?

So in laymans term the function of of the usb in cc75 is just head that connect the cable thru a cellphone.

1A = 1 amp. That's the electrical current the USB port on the BQ-CC75 can supply: Twice the charge as the original USB standard, but half the current that Quick Charge compliant chargers can supply. A typical smartphone would fully charge from that port in 2-4 hours.

I think you're getting at the right concept in layman's terms.

Thanks iamlucky13

is this available again at costco at $30 plus the discount?

If eneloop makes a charger with a powerbank feature, this will be the coolest, handiest powerbank ever.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Batang Regla View Post
    If eneloop makes a charger with a powerbank feature, this will be the coolest, handiest powerbank ever.
    I don't know of any chargers that can operate as a powerbank when using NiMH cells. It would be great, but they seem to just support USB out if using lithium-ion. I guess the voltage boost is a lot easier with lithium-ion.

Ah ok. But if its possible it will be a game changer. Just bring a charger a lots of nimh cells. By the way can i connect a solar powerbank and power this charger?
    Last edited by Batang Regla; 10-25-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12