Fitorch        
Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

Flashaholic*

Default SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

Alongside this article about the Tactician, a mildly interesting light, something much more interesting lurks below the surface;

This is not the only new light from SureFire. John Johnston of Ballistic Radio has been working on a light with SureFire.

There are two versions, a single cell and dual cell light.

EDCL-1T is a 1xCR123A 500 Lumens
    EDCL-2T is 2xCR123Aís 1,200 lumens.

No intellibeam. Switching designed to give you all the lumens when you want all the lumens.
    Both lights are using TIR reflectors as opposed to the E2T-MV using the MaxVision design. The mode switching is very intriguing. John Johnston says it is ďgas pedalĒ so there is no twisting or pressing the tailcap multiple times for different light output. I suspect this will be similar to the LX2, A2L Aviator and tactical EB1 tailcap design. The Kroma tailcaps did the same thing. Half press the tailcap for low light. Press harder and you get full max output. Speaking of output, the numbers on the EDCL lights is rather impressive. 500 lumens on a single lithium CR123 is staggering. Then look at the 2 cell light pumping out 1200 lumens.
    Is this FINALLY the return of the two-stage tailcap?

I haven't been interested in Surefire's output in years but this suddenly rekindled my interest.

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Default Re: SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Alongside this article about the Tactician, a mildly interesting light, something much more interesting lurks below the surface;

I haven't been interested in Surefire's output in years but this suddenly rekindled my interest.
    Gas pedal...QTC like?
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

It is in fact, the return of the two-stage tailcap.

Full Disclosure: I'm paid by Surefire.

Quote Originally Posted by dc38 View Post
    Gas pedal...QTC like?
    I was thinking more LX2 like. This is very exciting SF is going back so some of their older designs. Also a 2 stage e series tailcap would open the door for some interesting legos.

Picture of EDCL-1T:

Last edited by mk2rocco; 10-25-2017 at 09:47 AM.

The Maxvision doesn't suit me so I haven't looked at the latest EB1, but I'll be looking for more details on the possibility of the EDCL-1T.

I just noticed they went with a LX2 style design but the scallop cuts are on the head instead of the body.

Enlightened

Newby flasholic, but SF fan from the beggining. Currently have C2 with Pflexpro AP drop in, my favourite light, but EDCL - 1T looks fantastic. Very compact, possibly excellent UI, great lumens, beautiful, somehow traditional SF Mil design. My next light, for sure. Any idea about the date of release?

Yes I'm glad they are making the 2 stage twisty again! Looks like I'll be getting both when they come out. That is, if they come out. Lol.

We are finally getting a LX2 Ultra and LX1

Edit: I guess the backup series was close to this as well...

Flashaholic*

EDCL-1T is a 1xCR123A 500 Lumens
    EDCL-2T is 2xCR123Aís 1,200 lumens.

What LED can provide these kinds of numbers and still gives a decent beam with TIR optics?
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Quote Originally Posted by JJRG View Post

Welcome aboard.
    John 3:16
    "He was so far in the middle of nowhere Google Earth couldn't find him" -PK

At last, the return of the two stage tailcap. Happy days.
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

Flashaholic*

Yes! Yes! YES!
    Prometheans #253

I thought I was done with Surefires, but Iíll buy that EDCL-1T the day itís available. Iím not even a fan of 2-stage tailcaps, itís just a sexy looking light and if itís really 500 lumens on 1x CR123, that seals the deal for me.
    Last edited by JohnSmith; 10-26-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 270winchester View Post

What LED can provide these kinds of numbers and still gives a decent beam with TIR optics?
    Maybe they are going XPL on the new TIR lights?

Wow! Canít wait for the EDCL-1T!
    about:Me : 2x Surefire E2E HA with KL1-RP4 (1st gen, with SSCP4) and KL1 (stock, new gen); Surefire E2D BLK, Maglite 6 Cell LED Mod (120 Lumens), Maglite Terralux 3 D Cell. Techie by heart, survivalist in soul.

Flashaholic*

Hello!! Welcome to CPF!

Is this a vendor one-off or an addition to Surefire's general product line?

I'm so excited for SF going back to its roots I can't even put it into words, after so many years of wandering in the darkness..

Surefire is the Rolex of the flashlight world. They make tweaks on decades-old designs. I do not own any modern SF's, but like their vintage torches. The brand new Aviator? It has the same E1 body from the 1990's.

I can't stand the body nor head design of the E1 backup, so to me, it's good they are reaching into the wayback machine

~D
    Have torch, will travel.

Two-stage tailcap of old?

HALLELUJAH!

Hello!! Welcome to CPF!

Is this a vendor one-off or an addition to Surefire's general product line?

I'm so excited for SF going back to its roots I can't even put it into words, after so many years of wandering in the darkness..
    Both the EDCL-1T/2T will be new additions to the product line, available for actual purchase *very* soon as opposed to months from now. Iíve been carrying a pre-production prototype 1T for the last couple of months and have been pretty pleased. Iím biased though, as I specíd both these lights.

Flashaholic*

Both the EDCL-1T/2T will be new additions to the product line, available for actual purchase *very* soon as opposed to months from now. Iíve been carrying a pre-production prototype 1T for the last couple of months and have been pretty pleased. Iím biased though, as I specíd both these lights.

I guessed as much from the JJ in your user name!

I almost can't believe that we're getting a return to the good old E-series with the best old UI. I wonder what made SF change their mind.

Thanks for the info! I'll be purchasing one of each as soon as they are available. Plus I already have a E2T-MV on preorder

I wonder what made SF change their mind.
    So many ways to answer this question. 😂

JJRG, I have to ask - I am sorry - do you know if 16650 will fit this light? Will it work? I know it's not endorsed by Surefire but I still like to have the option to run rechargeable batteries (16650 have 2500 mAh).
    Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_sk View Post
    JJRG, I have to ask - I am sorry - do you know if 16650 will fit this light? Will it work? I know it's not endorsed by Surefire but I still like to have the option to run rechargeable batteries (16650 have 2500 mAh).
    I donít have any on hand, or Iíd check. Iíll maybe try to pick some up this week.

Unenlightened

This is very exciting news! I wonder if there is any plan with updating the surefire pens line-up?

Flashaholic*

So many ways to answer this question. 
    All of them fraught with corporate politics pitfalls, I'm sure.

Regardless, it's change that I am happy to see.

Any idea what pricing on this one is going to start at? Looks like a cool light; I really like the two-stage tail switch of the LX2.

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Any idea what pricing on this one is going to start at? Looks like a cool light; I really like the two-stage tail switch of the LX2.
    Pricing isnít my area, I *think* M.A.P. For the 2 Will be around $170-$180, but thatís a guess and not an official answer.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.ho View Post
    This is very exciting news! I wonder if there is any plan with updating the surefire pens line-up?
    Itís been discussed, but, thatíll be next year if/when it happens.

Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast