SunwayLED        
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

Default Re: SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

We need an "Outdoorsman" version of this light haha

I think I am just going to order one to play with. It would be nice of it worked with the Thyrm Switchback. I also wonder if it will work with the K2 LiFPo batteries that SF sells.
    Promethean #46

Thanks for all your input JJRG. It's nice to have the chance to hear the what's, why's and therefores...
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Agile54 View Post
    Agreed & great to hear that an SME like Craig & his MUC concept were a factor in this lights development, BZ JJRG.

A close friend & recognized SME on the use of force known as DB (confidante of Ken Goode also), mentored me long ago & thus for years I've carried in my non-shooting hand an EAG (RIP Pat) 1000 lmm. Fury or an R1 Lawman EVERY time I'm out in low/no light situations. My 3 cell Fury or R1 can always double as an impact weapon first if things go south, seems I may need to pass the R1 onto my son & replace it w/ an EDCL-2T, time will tell.
    Craig has been very good to me over the years and extremely generous with his time, as was Pat. I wish Pat could see the new scoutlight. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    I mean, this isnít the only new light coming...

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Thanks for all your input JJRG. It's nice to have the chance to hear the what's, why's and therefores...
    Iím just happy to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by JJRG View Post
    That's good to hear! I really like the direction Surefire is moving, keep up the good work.

1200 lumens from 2xCR123 is WAY too power hungry. If it manages any sort of regulation the runtime will be 10 minutes. Chances are it will drop immediately to 600 something ish after 30 seconds. The whole thing seems silly.

I do like the TIR lens though, wonder what the Lux at 1 meter is.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    I agree with that. Finally we also need an E1L-AA. The E2L-AA is such a great light. I was always hoping SF makes a 1xAA light...
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Both the EDCL-1T/2T will be new additions to the product line, available for actual purchase *very* soon as opposed to months from now. Iíve been carrying a pre-production prototype 1T for the last couple of months and have been pretty pleased. Iím biased though, as I specíd both these lights.
    Can you spec an Aviator Classic? Head-twist to select low/floody, (Nichia 3mm?) or high/throwy, (the "big gun") and two-stage tailcap for two-stage brightness control? The thing that made the original Aviator __great__ was the fact that both modes illuminated the same breadth, at two different ranges. I'd also dearly love the return of the Surefire az2-s, which was a great concept, but laughable at 120 lumens - I couldn't even justify the price on clearance, when I had a 1000 lumen triple-Nichia 283 light. But with two modes - bright and dim; controlled by head tension - and the two-stage tailcap, I'd drop $250 on it with Ö okay, I'd have to do a little saving, but if you could do 1000-1500 lumens at full blastÖ

I'm imagining 5/60 and 60/1200 modes for "camping" and "fighting", with the smaller being the diffuse low-power beam provided by the flood LEDs.

Edit: I just looked up the E2T-MV, and I think I'll be buying three lights from you this season. My hypothetical "super AZ2-S" seems to be a combination of the E2T-MV and the EDCL-2T, and I'd buy that tooÖ but I want to own both of your two-cell lights of this season! . (The third one will be the Sidekick, which I'll get off my keister and finally buy)
    Last edited by Chrontius; 11-07-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Well since you put it that way.... 15 would be my pick since I likely wouldnt use it in a foxhole, but rather, to light for a photograph, taking out the trash or finding a crayon under the sofa.
    PK designs his new multi setting stuff around 15 lumens and it's a very, very useable output when the battery absolutely, positively has to last until help arrives.
    If we're putting it to the vote, I'd say run with a low of 15. It's adequate for moving about outdoors if you're not in a hurry, good for indoors. 5 is okay if you're in a familiar area, but not as useful for getting about in the vast unknown.

Default SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

While Iíve always thought 5 lumens wouldnít be enough, I use my current Surefire (EB1 & E1B-MV) with a 5 lumen low and they provide plenty of illumination for my needs.

Iím looking forward to the EDCL-1T!
    Last edited by Sean; 11-07-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Flashaholic

Agreed w/ Sean above, using the same 2 for EDC & digging JJRG's last post as well.
    Last edited by Agile54; 11-07-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Chrontius View Post
    Can you spec an Aviator Classic? Head-twist to select low/floody, (Nichia 3mm?) or high/throwy, (the "big gun") and two-stage tailcap for two-stage brightness control? The thing that made the original Aviator __great__ was the fact that both modes illuminated the same breadth, at two different ranges. I'd also dearly love the return of the Surefire az2-s, which was a great concept, but laughable at 120 lumens - I couldn't even justify the price on clearance, when I had a 1000 lumen triple-Nichia 283 light. But with two modes - bright and dim; controlled by head tension - and the two-stage tailcap, I'd drop $250 on it with Ö okay, I'd have to do a little saving, but if you could do 1000-1500 lumens at full blastÖ

I'm imagining 5/60 and 60/1200 modes for "camping" and "fighting", with the smaller being the diffuse low-power beam provided by the flood LEDs.

Edit: I just looked up the E2T-MV, and I think I'll be buying three lights from you this season. My hypothetical "super AZ2-S" seems to be a combination of the E2T-MV and the EDCL-2T, and I'd buy that tooÖ but I want to own both of your two-cell lights of this season! . (The third one will be the Sidekick, which I'll get off my keister and finally buy)
    What makes you think people will pay to buy it? The UM2 is on clearance as it is(Which benefits us but not Surefire). Considering the UM2 was originally priced at 300, you want to pay 50 dollar LESS for more features that costs a lot more to integrate?
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Flashaholic*

I see the EDCL-2 on both Surefire website and another vendor is allowing me to add it to cart. Does that mean it is in stock and ready to sell?
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Quote Originally Posted by 270winchester View Post
    I see the EDCL-2 on both Surefire website and another vendor is allowing me to add it to cart. Does that mean it is in stock and ready to sell?
    I just placed an order over the phone and the sales rep said it's on backorder. However, they should be back in stock at the end of the week.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    I just placed an order over the phone and the sales rep said it's on backorder. However, they should be back in stock at the end of the week.
    I put in an order with a vendor and the order went through, but who knows what will happen once it goes to processing.

"So, you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!" in best Lloyd Christmas voice.

Fingers crossed for an E1L AA Outdoorsman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA261 View Post
    Yeah, itís apparently been doing pretty well.

Flashaholic*

I'm sure there is a pent up demand for a E2D/EB2 format light with significantly more output than the 500 version that first came out in early 2013(?) as the E2DL Ultra, and the currently owners were not in a hurry to upgrade to the 600 lumen version.

So, I just got my first production EDCL-2T in hand (the cobblerís children have no shoes). The low setting is brighter than 5 lumens. Iíll report back after I talk to engineering.

So, I just got my first production EDCL-2T in hand (the cobblerís children have no shoes). The low setting is brighter than 5 lumens. Iíll report back after I talk to engineering.
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy

John 3:16

Itís not intentional.

I'm getting these new SF threads confused. Have I missed the release date for the new single cell EDCL?

Considering both the one cell and the two cell models.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I'm getting these new SF threads confused. Have I missed the release date for the new single cell EDCL?

Considering both the one cell and the two cell models.
    The EDCL-1T will be, soonô.

I ordered one from the SF website. I am going to try the head on a single cell body and other lego experiments. Maybe I won't need to buy another light so soon.
    Promethean #46

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    I think I am just going to order one to play with. It would be nice of it worked with the Thyrm Switchback. I also wonder if it will work with the K2 LiFPo batteries that SF sells.
    Just tested with a switchback, it works, though now my tailcap is stuck in the switchback. 😂😂😂 Iíll talk to them about it.

Just tested with a switchback, it works, though now my tailcap is stuck in the switchback. 😂😂😂 Iíll talk to them about it.
    ''

Thanks @JJRG You may have just saved me from getting my switchback stuck on the tailcap.
    Promethean #46

Itís not intentional.
    That's a shame, 5 lumens for 60 hours isn't that impressive.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast