Little help how to drive 20 cree xp e2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petros047

Newly Enlightened
Hello friends
I am planing to build car taillight and I would like to use cree xp e2 red led
My first question is that in specs write that normal voltage is 2.1v at 350ma but also writes that the power rating is 3.5 watt.
That make no sense for me because with watt type w=v*i that would be about 700mw.
What I dont understand ?
Second question is that i would like to drive the led in parallel ,so if one burn do not loose the taillight ,with pwm.
In normal operation it would work in half power and when I press brake then it work on 100% of power.
Is any schematic to build my power supply?
Also I am searching for led diffuse so the led would look like simple line like audi any suggestion?
Thank you for any help

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to have to tell you this, but making your own automotive lighting is not legal. Discussing it here would break one of the forum rules. The mods are really serious about this, so don't even bother trying to wiggle your way out of it. If you don't believe me, spend a little time in the automotive forum.

petros047

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to have to tell you this, but making your own automotive lighting is not legal. Discussing it here would break one of the forum rules. The mods are really serious about this, so don't even bother trying to wiggle your way out of it. If you don't believe me, spend a little time in the automotive forum.
projects is not outlaw if i drive it in public yes you have right is illegal.
I will try it in my sport car who all the time i drive it in the track.
In my daily car i didnt change even one bulb with hid or led because as you write is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.