Help me find a 14500 EDC host!

tocirahl

Newly Enlightened
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a suitable EDC / host for an EDC. I can solder and have done a fair amount of flashlight modding, so I'm more than happy to put in some legwork to get what I want. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Must accept a 14500
  • Must be less than 19mm in diameter
  • Must have a clicky switch
  • Must be less than 40g
  • Must accept a 15mm or larger driver
That's pretty much all I'm looking for a host where I can install some innards (15/17mm driver, Nichia LED), but I can't seem to find anything. The best I've been able to do is the Thrunite T10, which I have modded with a Nichia LED and a 15mm TA driver, but I can't get the damn (TIR) optics to sit straight on the MCPCB since I can't get spacer to fit on such a small sinkpad. Ideally I'd like a host that already has a spacer that works with a DTP MCPCB.
I've also looked at the new Amutorch AA, but it's too heavy. As are both the Reylights. The Lumintop Tool AA is a potential candidate, but I haven't seen a teardown of it, and I suspect is may be impossible to mod. The Lumintop Prince Mini is too heavy. The Eagletac D25A seems impossible to mod. I genuinely haven't been able to find anything else.
Anyone have any suggestions?

tocirahl

Newly Enlightened
Actually nevermind I think I found a spacer that'll work with the T10!

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
What spacer did you end up going with? Can you show some pics of the process? I'm considering the same mod.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tool AA has a screw out pill just like the AA Maratacs, so easy to mod, but uses a 14mm driver, but is already capable of AA/14500 voltages.