Acceptable manufacture date?

Capolini

Banned
Not much to elaborate.

What BORN ON DATE/Manufacture date is acceptable to you when you receive your batteries?

6 months? 9 months? 1 Year? 15 months? ect.

For me it would be 6 months, 8 months at the most.

-I got some VTC6 last year from a place I rarely buy anything,,,Gearbest. the batteries were 1y 4 days old when I got them. They gave me Half my money back.

- I just got some LG MJ1 and they are 13 to 14 months old.[the website linked below only gives the MONTH, Sept. 2016, for these batteries] I would expect that same refund from a different USA dealer who has always been fair to me. I will find out Monday.

-Most of his batteries are b/w 3.5 months and 6 months old.

The VTC5A I got from this same dealer were born on 6.13.2017 and I got them on 9.18.2017 :twothumbs

I know most of the outdated batteries are a result of popularity/lack of sales. I found out today that his MJ1 and GA'S do not sell nearly as well as the VTC5/6, 30Q,iJoy,Efest and Aspire.

Here is a website to check for battery dates.It will not work for some of the batteries[30Q/GA'S].

Sony and NCR are easy to figure out on your own. This DATE CHECKER helps with LG,Samsung[not 30Q] and other Sanyo and Panasonic batteries.

HOOVER mouse over "About Us". Then click "Date checker"

https://batterybro.com/pages/18650-date-code-lookup-tool

So what is your AGE limit for the manufacturing of new batteries?:D

Capolini

Banned
Grammatical errors drive me nuts!! I did not want to edit my One error!

HOVER mouse over "about Us". NOT HOOVER!!!:crackup: LOL!!,,,That is a dam, President or a vacuum cleaner!

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
My own guidelines when purchasing cells that I want to be in good condition from new:
NiMH, LSD: Up to 3 years should be useable without loss of performance. If cheap, consider cells 5 years old.
NiMH, non LSD: 2-3 years
Lead acid: 6 months! Avoid old batteries due to sulfation.
Li-ion unprotected, from OEM, for low-medium drain: Should be OK even after 3 years if stored properly
Li-ion unprotected, from OEM, for high drain: 1 year (due to uncertainty over how it has been stored)
Li-ion protected: 1 year (due to possible vampire drain from protection circuit)

Capolini

Banned
My own guidelines when purchasing cells that I want to be in good condition from new:
NiMH, LSD: Up to 3 years should be useable without loss of performance. If cheap, consider cells 5 years old.
NiMH, non LSD: 2-3 years
Lead acid: 6 months! Avoid old batteries due to sulfation.
Li-ion unprotected, from OEM, for low-medium drain: Should be OK even after 3 years if stored properly
Li-ion unprotected, from OEM, for high drain: 1 year (due to uncertainty over how it has been stored)
Li-ion protected: 1 year (due to possible vampire drain from protection circuit)

I understand what you are saying. Your post is based on How long you want the cells to last.

That is not what I am asking.

What is ACCEPTABLE for the BORN ON DATE[production] of the cells when you receive them? How old can they be when you get them?

Thanks,,,Capolini

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Capolini,

As a general rule of thumb, I like to purchase batteries manufactured within the last 12 months.

Tom

Capolini

Banned
^^^^

Thanks,,Tom.

That is what the dealer told me! Anything after that he will consider some type of refund or sell them at a discounted price. That is what I am expecting!

I am able to "walk in". It is nice to have a place 5 minutes away especially when there is a battery change 3 days b/4 the light arrives.

I was there 1.5 hours yesterday looking for the best out of the older stock!