Klarus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 104 of 104

Thread: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

  1. #91

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    With any luck they'll ship it with the drop in installed.
    P
    Confirmed. Add battery and tailcap and fire it up!
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  2. #92
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    It's here! It exudes quality as expected. The Malkoff tricap is a classy touch. This thing runs very hot at 55% of maximum, so I doubt I'll be running it on 2 x 18350. Never say never, though. I suppose.

    A question for you guys running these things with the McClicky switch. How do you keep the spring from eating up the negative terminal of your battery? This is a problem I've never faced with my Malkoffs because I simply remove the head of the light for battery changes. This Unified Z70 host is...well, unified.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  3. #93

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    It's here! It exudes quality as expected. The Malkoff tricap is a classy touch. This thing runs very hot at 55% of maximum, so I doubt I'll be running it on 2 x 18350. Never say never, though. I suppose.
    One of Unified's key design features is single layer metal heat transference. This starts venting heat sooner and more directly than traditional P60 hosts.

    But you'll also feel more. See section H to adjust down the temperature limit
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?403685


    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    A question for you guys running these things with the McClicky switch. How do you keep the spring from eating up the negative terminal of your battery? This is a problem I've never faced with my Malkoffs because I simply remove the head of the light for battery changes. This Unified Z70 host is...well, unified.
    I run mine as is. My scrapes have never penetrated and I use them as an approximate odometer for cell age and pairing.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  4. #94
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Skylumen FS54 switch is a great replacement for a SF Z41 style tailcap. The shorter spring version will accommodate 2x18350 as it provides 1/8" additional battery bore length. Otherwise the 2x IMR cell set-up is a tight squeeze on the springs, IMO
    I tried the turbo setting once in my Boss 70 for grins, but for EDC single 18650 has good run times at default settings, which works for me

  5. #95
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    What does it mean when the three white LED's repeatedly flash four times?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  6. #96

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Are you checking voltage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    What does it mean when the three white LED's repeatedly flash four times?

  7. #97

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    What does it mean when the three white LED's repeatedly flash four times?
    4 volts... red/orange flashes reflect the decimal values...

    3 white flashes with 8 red/orange flashes = 3.8 volts

  8. #98
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Actually, I'm just trying to enter programming mode. Having a rough go of it.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  9. #99

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Actually, I'm just trying to enter programming mode. Having a rough go of it.
    I think you got the voltage check instead of programming.

  10. #100
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Okay. How do I fix it? I'm new at this and would be very grateful for advice. I'm embarrassed to say how long I've been trying unsuccessfully to enter programming mode. I thought I had it twice, but the flashlight watched the blinky movie and did not take the modes I selected. Right now I have a dreadful selection of modes that I did not choose.

    Is there not a factory reset type of thing?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

  11. #101

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Okay. How do I fix it? I'm new at this and would be very grateful for advice. I'm embarrassed to say how long I've been trying unsuccessfully to enter programming mode. I thought I had it twice, but the flashlight watched the blinky movie and did not take the modes I selected. Right now I have a dreadful selection of modes that I did not choose.

    Is there not a factory reset type of thing?
    You need to try 2 presses then pause, 2 presses then pause, and again 2 presses then pause and the amber or red led should stay on. Then do the programing video and if you have trouble turn up the brightness on your monitor/display. This helps a lot with programming.

  12. #102

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Sorry for the confusion. You may have entered 111 pin instead of 222 pin. Please see section E for steps

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?403685

    Dim red = ready for program loading
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  13. #103
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    I have found with my Wasp, that within reason, you can leave a long gap between the ones and twos. Don't rush it, just try and relax. I've managed leaving it for a minute between them.
    P

  14. #104
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

    Thanks for trying to help, fellas. Oveready is a top notch company and this is clearly a high quality device, but it's not for me. I'll be returning it as soon as Dan responds to my request.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •