SunwayLED        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

Default Re: Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

I have to admit I like the look of the unified head/body although I wouldn´t want to "go through the window" all the time I want to change the dropin. On the other hand, how often do you change it after all. A Z-Body without the grip rings looks kind of naked though.

The DPC tailcap is great. Would be even greater if you could choose between this clip, which obviously shouldn´t be any longer for the Z-Bodies if grip rings are considered, and a longer clip for the P-Bodies.

Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

still on the fence, while the Z70 looks good with its proportions, the Z35 will have more pocket time because of its size; not fan of a twisty yet the P20 looks best of the lot. the new tailcap looks sleek! good job OR!
    Dave
    "two is one, one is none... three or more is fun."

A few more Z70 observations...

The rear radius of the head enables smooth drawing of the light from your pocket or pouch.

Installation of the bezel ring is easily accomplished using the Oveready Z44 bezel tool and your hand. No wrench required.

The Triad cap/Z70 combo provides a comfortable and secure "dog bone" grip conformation.

Using the same Triad cap enables Rogers Grip use without adding a grip ring.

Your mileage may vary...

IMG_1829 by Pete Lardizabal, on Flickr

IMG_1830 by Pete Lardizabal, on Flickr

IMG_1831 by Pete Lardizabal, on Flickr

iNXNNHwzTE+MwmySGa6LLQ by Pete Lardizabal, on Flickr
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-19-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    Could someone post some beam shots of the DIP dropin?
    I'll try to grab a pic tonight for you.

Default Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

Great pics and feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Just received my p20 with DIP, z35, and z70 and love the new lights. Now I need to get a drop in for the z35 and 70. Can't wait till 219C is available and possibly XPL HI.
    Our sequences should go something like this:

V5 xpl rd Amber (done)
    V5 219c amber (likely)
    V5 xpl hi (possible)

(just happened)
    DIP XPL optic

(this year)
    DIP XPL optic + other optics
    DIP XPL mule

(next year)
    DIP 219c optic + other optics
    DIP 219c mule
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-19-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

As much as I like the new tailcap on my Z70 host it really makes me wish I hadn't sold my black Triad-tailcap! I think the smooth finish of the triad would be a perfect match for this host.

Quote Originally Posted by jdboy View Post
    As much as I like the new tailcap on my Z70 host it really makes me wish I hadn't sold my black Triad-tailcap! I think the smooth finish of the triad would be a perfect match for this host.
    Not to be rude but the triad is a Great Functional match for my Z70 host! I’d like a black triad but I already own the Light Natural finish one seen in previous posts... 🏻

Is the Z70 stop-bored or is the tube 18mm all the way through? I need to pick the appropriate Pflexpro drop in.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

It is stop-bored. How does that change what drop in to purchase from PFlex Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Is the Z70 stop-bored or is the tube 18mm all the way through? I need to pick the appropriate Pflexpro drop in.

It is stop-bored. How does that change what drop in to purchase from PFlex Pro?
    They offer the normal version for solarforce hosts and a short version for surefire. Here's from the description:

The standard length version is best for most P60 hosts like Solarforce and Surefire hosts that have been bored for use with an 18650 battery. If you're Surefire is 'stop bored', its best to use the short version (If a Surefire is 'stop bored', an 18650 battery will not pass through the drop in opening into the battery tube),

Very cool, that's good to know.

Really liking the P20! A P35 and P70 would be awesome, the P20 just carries better because there is no hard edge to snag when clipping the light to you pants pocket.

Default Oveready Unified P60 Hosts

Really liking the P20! A P35 and P70 would be awesome, the P20 just carries better because there is no hard edge to snag when clipping the light to you pants pocket.

I agree, the Z20 looks outstanding and with the aggressive knurling on the new tail cap I’m sure it makes for a very nice twistie.

One thing I’m finding I really like about my Z70 and the stepped body is how well you can hold and use the light in a cigar grip. I’ve carried it now with me for 3 days at work and it’s quickly becoming a new favorite. To be honest though I think for my needs I’d be better suited with a P60 drop-in utilizing a H17F or Icarus driver. As much as I like the V5 that’s in it at the moment I like the instant access to high as well as on demand mode customization without needing a computer/smart phone.

Edit: just want to clarify that I’m not putting off the V5 driver in any means.
    Last edited by jdboy; 11-22-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks for the comparison pic! I'm holding out for the 35 clicky version, but that 20 looks great.

Here's my Z70 rocking a Fivemega tailcap and a PFlexPro H17F / Nichia 219C drop in. This is swiftly becoming my favorite P60 light!

Anybody know a source for Surefire style grip rings? I was hoping to use some that I scavenged from a Solarforce but they are too big to fit tightly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12