Rundown of Gerbers new line up

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Gerber Portable lighting 2004 catalog and will post as much info from it as I can I was going to scan most of it but my scanner is broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. First up is a light called the Inferno (Flexi-Light) it has seven articulating arms with LED's on the end of each, three red and four white the light uses three AAA's. It says it has five different lighting modes with the turn of the switch. Next is the Hornet (Flashlantern) it has three folding tripod legs and used three LED's running off three AAA's also it says it has four different modes and mentions having circuitry whatever that means? They also have a light called the Flash Flood coming out that appears to be a copy of the 24/7. Then comes the Trio they call it "A supersized Infinity Ultra" it has three LED's and a "circuit Booster" proving 80 hours of burn time running of two AA's. Then come the Luxons first the LX 1.0 using a 1 watt LS and "circuit driver" running off three AA's with a 100 hour burn time. Next is the same light with a 3 watt LS and 50 hour burn time. The catalog also has all of CMG's current line of products in it only with the Gerber name plate on them.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
When I talked to my sales rep a short time back he mentioned that they had bought a LED company, makes me wonder.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some picture they are the best I could do.
DSC02038.JPG

DSC02056.JPG

DSC02039.JPG

DSC02057.JPG

DSC02054.JPG

This is the Mantis a clip light.
DSC02055.JPG

DSC02053.JPG

DSC02050.JPG

DSC02051.JPG

DSC02052.JPG

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
jtivat: The LX 3.0 and LX 1.0 look interesting. Are they running on AAs? They appear to be very similar to the T3 and T1 from Inova which run with 123 cells.

[edit] (just gotta read once in a while): "Then come the Luxons first the LX 1.0 using a 1 watt LS and "circuit driver" running off three AA's with a 100 hour burn time. Next is the same light with a 3 watt LS and 50 hour burn time."

The 100 hour runtime for the LX 1.0 seems a bit longish unless it's underdriven quite a bit. I'm not sure why it needs a 'circuit driver' running off 3 AAs, though.

Any chance that you could type in the text at the bottom of the pix for the LX 3.0 and LX 1.0? TIA
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Your post will prompt a lot of conversation here, both about the lights and the Gerber/CMG acquisition. Thanks.

paulr

Flashaholic
I had just been thinking of posting to one of the Arc threads that I wished Peter would make a 3-led 1aa light, but I figured he was swamped enough with stuff about the 4-die ISP led, probs with the AAA circuit, and so on.

The super-sized 2aa Infinity sounds similar to a minimag+opalec.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
There will be inevitable comparisons between the Dorcy 3LED 1AA and the Gerber 3LED 2AA. I have a Dorcy 3LED 1AA and like it quite a bit, but it doesn't hold a candle to Gerber/CMG in the waterproof area. The Gerber/CMG will likely be quite a bit brighter and waterproof, but is obviously larger.

Assuming Dorcy gets their act together and puts their 3LED 1AAs on shelves in the USA, I'll bet sales would go 70% Dorcy (cheap), 30% Gerber/CMG (waterproof/brighter).

utomatoe

Enlightened
3AAs is quite long, I'd rather have the inova using the shorter CR123A (and probably higher output) than something as long as 3AA batteries. Plus CR123A aren't too expensive from online sources, but I have a ton of nimh AAs around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Too bad the Trio wasn't a 1W or 3W luxeon, that would be something I'd go for.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtivat:
Thanks for the pics - the quality is just fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Does the text specify if the LS models are aluminum or plastic?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The LX 1.0 is the next generation 1-watt LED flashlight. A compact package, aircraft aluminum housing and enhanced fail-proof circuit driver take this highly advanced instrument to a new level of performance. The single indestructible LED bulb illuminates objects 100 feet away, making the LX1.0 3X brighter than a standard 4-bulb LED cluster. Equipped with 3 AA batteries, which generate up to 100 hours of burn time."

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The LX3.0 is the top of the Gerber flashlight line. In addition to all of the features of the LX1.0, the LX3.0 is outfitted with a 3-watt LED bulb. This single indestructible bulb illuminates objects 150 feet away, making the LX3.0 the brightest light for its size on the market. Aircraft aluminum body, equipped with 3AA batteries, which generate up to 50 hours of burn time."

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks a bunch for the pics and info! Just wondering on the CMG lights, do they have pics with the new logo already, or is it just an addendum? They only announced buying CMG at SHOT like a week ago, but if they already have prototypes with their logos on them, it's been cookin' a while.

daloosh

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool, thanks for the pics jtivat. I wonder when those lights are scheduled to be released? I'm kind of looking forward to the Trio, and the Inferno looks odd to the point I might have to get one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, darn!! Several more lights to get. That Trio looks real interesting to me. I love my Ultra, so if it does provide as much or more light as the Ultra, and 3 to 4 times the runtime, then it is worth getting. Particularly if it is made to CMG's exacting standards or better (for rugged usage).