RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: 2013 Toyota Avalon Bulbs

Default 2013 Toyota Avalon Bulbs

Hello all,

It has been a while, glad to see that some of you are still kicking around here!

I just picked up a nice elderly-owned, garage-kept '13 Avalon Hybrid Touring to commute with, despite preferring models with discharge headlights, since it was in great condition and for a good price. It's simple enough, 9005/HB3L+ low beam and 9005/HB3 for the highs. Perusing older threads, the 9011/HIR1 from a reputable manufacturer (do we still prefer the Phillips here?) seems a safe bet for the high beams, but probably not for the lows due to glare and life considerations. Moving away from the long life bulbs to a better HB3 should see improvement, but I'll probably have to live with lower life. What bulbs do you currently recommend for that, and what's the expected drop in hours?

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Semper Scrupulosus Lux

Default Re: 2013 Toyota Avalon Bulbs

As long as you spend the money and time to have the headlamps aimed correctly, there's no reason not to use HIR1 in the lows and the highs. The ones to get are these.

Great! I shall do that, and get those.

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgil- View Post
    As long as you spend the money and time to have the headlamps aimed correctly, there's no reason not to use HIR1 in the lows and the highs. The ones to get are these.
    Virgil,you are back to recommending the Philips hir1 over the GM reboxed Toshiba now? What gives with this recent change in recommendation?

Counterfeits in the distribution channel with the others.

Why not the Vosla +30s?

No such bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgil- View Post
    No such bulb.
    Whoops was thinking of 9012s sorry