RofisLight        
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire EDCL1-T

Flashaholic

Default Re: Surefire EDCL1-T

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Wonder when there be the first beamshot for the light...
    6 months after SHOT Show when the lights actually make it to customers lol. I kid. I kid.

FYI, just got off the phone with Surefire, they say the EDCL2-T's candela is 25,000 and that they don't have runtime regulation info. I assume regulation is P3X-like, since 1,200 is unsustainable on 2xCR123A, which means we're actually talking 12,500 candela with a brief 2x burst. Assuming same LED and optics, that puts the EDCL1-T at 5,200 candela + burst.

For those who don't know, the LX2 did 10,000 candela for a real 1.5 hours on 2xCR123A. No burst, only 200 lumens, but thanks to dim spill it still had a medium-sized spot. It was released in 2009.

Thanks for the info, man the new lights are gonna just be slaying batteries lol.
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Unverified info from Surefire:

- What about a clicky version of an EDCL1-(C)?
    - We shall see

Now guess yourself what might that mean

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    Thanks for the info, man the new lights are gonna just be slaying batteries lol.
    Yeah, we can't all be fancy high-speed tacticool operators... Hopefully they release a couple of long-running lights for the power conscious among us.

Flashaholic

Amen to that! I think they should do a minute burst followed by a drop down to say 200 lumens of flat regulation light.

I would rather have a short burst, like 10 to 20 sec, so it doesn't affect runtime too much. I can always reengage those few times I need a longer burst. If they ever make a user programmable light, then burst time is one of those things I would like to configure.

Nothing new, but here is a new picture of the EDCL1-T from Surefire's instagram. (this is again the "prototype" with the EDCLT-1 name)

Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here

Enlightened

Now that the EDCL-T2s are shipping has anyone heard anything about the 1 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_sk View Post
    Nothing new, but here is a new picture of the EDCL1-T from Surefire's instagram. (this is again the "prototype" with the EDCLT-1 name)
    Man, I swear that name just looks more proper.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Now that the EDCL-T2s are shipping has anyone heard anything about the 1 yet?
    I have had no word from Surefire since backorder notification November 24th.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_sk View Post

This is Rome.

Nice, in front of the "Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II". That is actually a SF light I am looking forward to....... in a loong time.

Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Just got my back order notice

Just got a email from Surefire . 60 business day lead time .

That’s ridiculous...why even list it on the website? At least say it’s a pre-order

Just got off the phone with Surefire. I placed my order on 26Nov, and they said they’re still back ordered until the end of Jan at the earliest. That don’t give me a warm fuzzy for the Tactician I ordered last week either. ☹️

Default Surefire EDCL1-T

Thanks for the update .

I'm into this light as soon as it can be verified to work with RCR123s.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dog off leash View Post
    Just got off the phone with Surefire. I placed my order on 26Nov, and they said they’re still back ordered until the end of Jan at the earliest. That don’t give me a warm fuzzy for the Tactician I ordered last week either. ☹️
    That really kinda pisses me off. I can understand a dealer having to wait for a shipment from the manufacturer, but this isn't a damn iphone... If they're going to take orders, they should have inventory and a production schedule to meet demand. I ordered my EDCL1-T on the day of release, as I'm sure many did, and Surefire want's me/us to believe that they didn't have inventory to meet one day's orders? To top it off (like you) I ordered a Tactician when Surefire put that out (so I wouldn't have to pre-order it elsewhere) and now I'm guessing I might see that at some point in the future as well...

Better be damn worth it.

I have 3 Surefire lights back ordered .
    “Surefire , made in USA , shipping as if from China “ . Lol . Just trying to crack a smile

Flashaholic

Yea first I was told mid December then end of December now it’s end of January at the earliest?!?!!! Combine that with more pricing/discount errors for a second holiday season and I’ve had it. Ridiculous way to run a business. I cancelled my order.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    That really kinda pisses me off. I can understand a dealer having to wait for a shipment from the manufacturer, but this isn't a damn iphone... If they're going to take orders, they should have inventory and a production schedule to meet demand. I ordered my EDCL1-T on the day of release, as I'm sure many did, and Surefire want's me/us to believe that they didn't have inventory to meet one day's orders? To top it off (like you) I ordered a Tactician when Surefire put that out (so I wouldn't have to pre-order it elsewhere) and now I'm guessing I might see that at some point in the future as well...

Better be damn worth it.
    Just got the backorder notice for the Tactician too. I ordered both on the dates of release via SF’s website.

I shot them a fairly scalding reply to the backorder notice. Needless to say, this shit is getting really old.

Quote Originally Posted by dog off leash View Post
    Just got the backorder notice for the Tactician too. I ordered both on the dates of release via SF’s website.

I shot them a fairly scalding reply to the backorder notice. Needless to say, this shit is getting really old.
    I had a similar experience when buying a backup mv. It was very hard getting any information from them regarding my order( simple stuff like a back order notice or a tracking number) and it took me a month to recieve the light.Their customer service has been very sub par as of late. To their credit the customer service head was very apologetic and said she would send me some batteries for my trouble but, who knows if they will.

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBoys View Post
    Now my question, will it work with a normal EB1 tailcap? And also, will this tailcap work on the EB1 or Aviator? If so, I will definitely pick one up.
    Didn't see anyone address this but then it looks like maybe no one has gotten theirs yet. Just tried and the EB1 tailcap will work with the EDCL1-T but will only give high output, doesn't do high/low (might be possible but it's not a direct screw-on and go for some reason). Interestingly though the EDCL1-T tailcap does work perfectly on the EB1 Backup, so that's kinda of fun to consider if you find yourself liking the gas pedal.

I got my EDCL1-T two days ago at Quantico Tactical's NC store, they had a few more on the shelves (6 I believe at the time) and I know they said they've got a ton of everything on order. I had ordered an EDLC2-T when it was first announced but I guess they haven't gotten any yet so I grabbed the 1-T as an impulse buy to hold me over and I'm digging it so far.

I don't get as fancy with measurements so I can't comment much about true distance of throw or run time yet but it's been great with making traffic aware of my presence while walking the dog and I can illuminate objects further away than my older eyes can realistically identify. The press on the tailcap is a little stiffer than I'd like but it's just an adjustment from the pressure needed on their normal clickies and will be fine. Color is a little more neutral than my EB1 which always seemed on the warm side, and the "hotspot" is noticeably larger than the EB1 but no where near the MVs, it'll still throw well. Unscientificly - if I hold them next to each other and get the EB1's hotspot to be baseball sized, the EDCL1-T's hotspot is about softball sized, maybe a touch larger and not as well defined. Being a good bit more powerful I'm comfortable with the looser hotspot, seems more useful to me but of course your mileage will vary.

If I can figure out how to post pictures and how to take any that don't suck I'll try and get some up tomorrow.

Better be damn worth it.
    Just to mention I don't recall there being a problem in the past getting Surefire lights. What I mean is that this does not seem to be a pattern. Showing off their lights at shot show and having them never materialize is a pattern but this shortage issue seems to be new. Maybe its just as simple as demand has exceeded their expectations.

Better be damn worth it.
    Surefire posted on Facebook about their delays on December 14. It was part of the cluster of their black friday coupon code post but that seemed to have gathered all of the attention. The second paragraph in the post mentioned something about some compoment shortage that affects the EDCL line. The 1s are at least starting to move (I have one that got to a retail store) but I haven't seen any 2s in person yet although several posters in that thread have.

Someone on the big auction site has these NIB. Seems legit, because this seller has had the new lights before they’ve hit anywhere else. As broke as I am, I couldn’t resist and pulled the trigger. I’ll let you guys know when it arrives, but I’m pumped!

Enlightened

Yes these light are on the big auction site right now. Good to see these out in the wild finally. I have the 1 cell and 2 cell on order from Surefire right now. Seems to me, they should absolutely fill orders from their website first before sending shipments to Quantico tactical and other brick and mortar stores.

Flashaholic*

Where are you guys seeing these? I cant find them anywhere on the bay.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast