Very bright 1" Weaponlights with single mode capability?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I'm currently running an older Surefire Centurion C2 with an older Malkoff drop-in (XP-G).
The light works great but the McGizmo clicky in it is a bit too sensitive for a rifle light (perfect for a handheld light), the mounting location on the C2 is not ideal, and the older Malkoff just doesn't reach out there like I'd like a rifle light to. It's also a rather expensive light to keep bolted to the rifle when I could use it more un-attached.

I'm looking for a 1" weapon light in the $50 range that has around 1000 lumens on 2xCR123. I've looked at the G2X from Surefire but want more light than it provides if possible, more throw would be great too.

I need a forward clicky and ideally only a single super bright mode. No low modes, and no blinky modes. I'd be OK if the light had a UI where loosening the head gave a low mode.
I'm tempted by the Niteforce P30 but don't love that the secondary switch could be bumped and put me into moonlight mode. Any durable and bright single mode options out there?

The light is mounted far forward, so a large head shouldn't have any issues clearing the rail:

PXecKbg.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ This!!

I was going to suggest look at Streamlights 017 catalog in general. But the HL-X might check all the boxes.

The "ten tap" program method of 9 half presses and hold #10 can make it high only.

Beard Man

Enlightened
But michaelmcgo said "the McGizmo clicky in it is a bit too sensitive for a rifle light (perfect for a handheld light)"

My vote for Elzetta Charlie, but its over $50.00 range.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
L16 comes to mind, and the L16vn seems to be a great deal. Remote compatible, and the rear/remote switch is turbo, all the time, every time.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. The Streamlight looks decent but more than I hoped to spend for what it is. Do we know if it has a spring on the positive contact?

Who makes the L16vn?

Keitho

Enlightened
Any "vn" is modded by Vinh himself, sold on skylumen website. For the l16, his mod choices are pretty simple--a few different LED choices for a lumen boost and a choice of color temps.

Beard Man

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys. The Streamlight looks decent but more than I hoped to spend for what it is. Do we know if it has a spring on the positive contact?

Who makes the L16vn?

I just placed my order for Streamlight PROTAC HL-X 1000, from OpticsPlanet, with 11% OFF Coupon and Sale its $71.01 and Free Shipping.