Mini 10180 flashlights

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a couple of those mini 10180 flashlights. (Mecarmy X3 copper and DQG Hobi Ti)
Is there any decent 10180 batteries out there that someone could recommend?

Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a couple of those mini 10180 flashlights. (Mecarmy X3 copper and DQG Hobi Ti)
Is there any decent 10180 batteries out there that someone could recommend?

Thanks!

I had a CooYoo SS Quantum that I lost outside during hurricane Irma, that Ven sent me a couple of years back and then he sent me the Jetbeam Mini 1, both using the 10180 3.7v li-ion cells.

The CooYoo had black one with a label on it that was 90mAh in capacity, but the Jetbeam has a generic blue cell with 70mAh printed on it.

I don't think that we find anything other than Chinese cells in this size, so no Sonys, or Panasonic offerings. Get what you can get and get a few, as they probably aren't going to last years.

Chris

Lord Muzzy

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Chris

The battery in the mecarmy x3 is (or states on the label) 100mAh.
Might get a few more of these if poss.

👍🏻

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Chris

The battery in the mecarmy x3 is (or states on the label) 100mAh.
Might get a few more of these if poss.



Up until AWT and Aspire, the general consensus was to just buy AW 16340 ICR/IMRs, because they were culled and of 'better' quality versus the other Chinese dreck out there. With the 10180s, I'd just buy a few of them and don't worry about eeking the last few cycles out of them. Discharge the spares down to 3.7v, stick them in a Ziplock baggie and then put them into the fridge.

70mAh, 90mAh, or 100mAh, the numbers aren't to be trusted, so don't rack your brain over it and buy on price and dealer.

It's not like there's a better tasting brand of poop out there.

Chris

dennck

Newly Enlightened
With a reasonable drain rate, I would say those 10180 are more likely holding 70 to 80mAh.