Angryfox        

Thread: New Streamlight PolyTac X Flashlight?

Question New Streamlight PolyTac X Flashlight?

I tried to post this earlier but since I am new I don't think it made it here.

Since I like Streamlight products, I was looking at their site and new products and saw a "POLYTAC X" model at 600 lumens, dual fuel battery support and the Tenkey feature with High/Medium/Low.

So I thought, maybe this would be a less expensive/lightweight flashlight at a lower price point - Googling it though I can find nothing, no prices..no reviews and no info outside of a link back to their site.

Maybe this is so new that nobody has reviewed it or is selling it? I just wanted to know what the price is since if around the $40 range it would make for a nice glovebox light.

Anyone seen or heard of this?

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...ndex/polytac-x

Default Re: New Streamlight PolyTac X Flashlight?

I kinda like it for a kick around light. Don't buy the runtimes tho.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Streamlight has been releasing new lights all year. One by one their ProTac stuff is getting upgrades with brighter outputs and dual fuel options.

It sounds like the PolyTac is now included. I have a couple of the previous model and they've been great. The newer stuff I've seen have a much more neutral beam than previous models as well.

Go for it!!

I see the clip is now a two-way too. Nice.
    BrightGuy is typically one of the first with new Streamlight stuff. Owned and operated by a long time flashaholic. He's not always the cheapest, but you are guarenteed to get the Real McCoy, and with eBay and Amazon being littered with fakes, sometimes that extra $5 or so is worth the peace of mind.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    John 3:16
    "I'm still a Toys R Us kid" -PK

Thanks, I like the dual clip also, I have a Pro Tac HL-X and like the ability to set it to Low/Medium/High which this will do also. Really like that it will also take dual 123s or an 18650 as well.

I guess it's so new that nobody has it available or even knows the price yet.

Seems that way blue. Probably very similar in price to the previous one. Most Streamlights are made over seas now so the prices are staying competitive.

Oh, and welcome to CPF.
    John 3:16
    "I'm still a Toys R Us kid" -PK

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    BrightGuy is typically one of the first with new Streamlight stuff. Owned and operated by a long time flashaholic. He's not always the cheapest, but you are guarenteed to get the Real McCoy, and with eBay and Amazon being littered with fakes, sometimes that extra $5 or so is worth the peace of mind.
    Just about everything SL sells is made in China. Who knows, the "knock-offs" could very well be coming from the same factory. As a former product manager with a few product lines made in China, I know this "back door distribution" to be an unfortunate truth of doing business in China.

Good to hear the beams of the new lights are a bit more neutral. The 275 lumen PolyTac I carry in my car has a police interceptor blue beam.

Looks good!

If they use a neutral tint like they have been using in their newer lights and various 18650's will work in it, I think this will be a winner for Streamlight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgeman View Post
    I just wanted to know what the price is since if around the $40 range it would make for a nice glovebox light.
    That is how I use mine and it's actually perfect for that application. The previous models work fine on 16650 cells.

Thanks NH, BY, xxo and Thermal - I checked brightguy's site (I've seen some of their videos on youtube) but he doesn't have this one. I think it's so new it hasn't made it out to vendors yet.
    Last edited by blueridgeman; 11-22-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Optics Planet has the new PolyTac X listed for $58.

Quote Originally Posted by PierceFan View Post
    Optics Planet has the new PolyTac X listed for $58.
    First vendor I've seen offering the new light. On backorder since it's so new - bookmarked the page, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgeman View Post
    I also thought this a nice light and could not find it online so I emailed Streamlight . They got back the next day .Said it is not out yet .

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...ndex/polytac-x

Last edited by pennzy; 11-28-2017 at 03:20 PM.

The light is no longer showing on backorder and was available at Optics Planet for $59 (Thanks Piercelight).

I also picked up a few other items there and I was able to use their $10 off coupon plus free shipping.

Once I get the light and play around with it I will try to post a review.

Thanks everyone!