Any battery combination to get 3v in a AAA format?

jhereg

Enlightened
I have been experimenting with my Dorcy AAA I modified with the Lux3. If I take the board out & connect it to 3v or 4.5v it is much brighter. The board seems to run hot on 3 AAs so I started looking for a battery or combination of batteries that will give me 3v w/ an acceptable amount of current. Anybody know of a combination that will work in a single AAA light?

Andy

djpark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jhereg said:
I have been experimenting with my Dorcy AAA I modified with the Lux3. If I take the board out & connect it to 3v or 4.5v it is much brighter. The board seems to run hot on 3 AAs so I started looking for a battery or combination of batteries that will give me 3v w/ an acceptable amount of current. Anybody know of a combination that will work in a single AAA light?

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

What we need is 3 pcs of 1/3AAA NiMh and I am not sure if they are actually available.

For the same reason as you have, I am looking for an AA replacement with 3 pcs of 1/3AA NiMh to be put into Arc-AA-8mm, then it can drive over 100mA without changing making a new covnerter.

I hope to ride you question to get answer, too.

Thanks in advance!

-- DJP

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
djpark said:
[ QUOTE ]
jhereg said:

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

What we need is 3 pcs of 1/3AAA NiMh and I am not sure if they are actually available.

For the same reason as you have, I am looking for an AA replacement with 3 pcs of 1/3AA NiMh to be put into Arc-AA-8mm,
-- DJP

[/ QUOTE ]
I happen to have some 1/3AAA NimH, and some 1/3AA NimH to spare.
PM me and maybe we could work out a trade for some of those 8mm LEDs that I wanted from you.

jhereg

Enlightened
Re: Any battery combination to get 3v in a AAA for

N cells (at least the ones that come in my Eddie Bauer flashlight) are just a little bit bigger in diameter than a AAA. It sounds as if the 1/3 AAAs are the only choice so far unless I want to play with button cells & spacers.

billw

Enlightened

the 1/3AAA size is a popular one for the ultra-mini electric
flight guys, and should be available in NiCd from most of the
relevant dealers in that area. Electronics Goldmine is currently
running some specials on packs made from this size cell. also,
these are what you find inside some of the micro-sized RC cars.
(see http://homepage.mac.com/PhotoAlbum2.html) (pretty nice
deal. For ~$8, you get some remote control electronics, a couple
tiny batteries, and two reasonable gear motors. My RC unit is
aimed at a glowing LED thing, so it's even on-topic :)

BillW

paulr

Flashaholic

You're way better off using a full sized AAA and a micro converter.

djpark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
You're way better off using a full sized AAA and a micro converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of usefulness, I agree with you, especially running on 2300mAh NiMh.

However, Micro Converter costs quite a lot ($27), more than BB or MM. Too big deal for a single AAA light.

I don't know about Dorcy, but the Arc-AAA/AA board can devlier easily 100mA to led with 3.3V battery supply. Just nice with 3 1/3AA (for 1 hour perhaps?).

A cheaper alternative!

-- DJP