Fitorch        

Thread: Dewalt LED conversion Fusion 48 2000 lumens

Default Dewalt LED conversion Fusion 48 2000 lumens

Did a search but can't come up with anything recent. The newest thread I could find was 2012. I'm really impressed that I can get 2000 lm out of my Dewalt flashlight 18 V and in fact I feel like a dummy for not knowing about this sooner. I had already done the $10 LED conversion when it first came out and I was not at all impressed!

It states run times of three hours which is pretty amazing to me and exceeds my Fenix TK75 it would appear. But because I can't come across any info on it in the last five years I'm just trying to get some kind of input.

Looks like it's only sold out of country in Hong Kong and I can't find it locally. It doesn't state whether it's a white or a natural or a cool? So anybody know what the K range is? Says Nicha K1 LED WARM SHIFTED. What does that mean?

Also I'm concerned about heat, any problems with that much heat on the plastic base flashlight? I guess any input would be nice

Default Re: Dewalt LED conversion Fusion 48 2000 lumens

Quote Originally Posted by cheaperrooter View Post
    Did a search but can't come up with anything recent. The newest thread I could find was 2012. I'm really impressed that I can get 2000 lm out of my Dewalt flashlight 18 V and in fact I feel like a dummy for not knowing about this sooner. I had already done the $10 LED conversion when it first came out and I was not at all impressed!

It states run times of three hours which is pretty amazing to me and exceeds my Fenix TK75 it would appear. But because I can't come across any info on it in the last five years I'm just trying to get some kind of input.

Looks like it's only sold out of country in Hong Kong and I can't find it locally. It doesn't state whether it's a white or a natural or a cool? So anybody know what the K range is? Says Nicha K1 LED WARM SHIFTED. What does that mean?

Also I'm concerned about heat, any problems with that much heat on the plastic base flashlight? I guess any input would be nice
    I'm interested also . Let us know if you buy it .

Quote Originally Posted by pennzy View Post
    I'm interested also . Let us know if you buy it .
    I did, I ordered two of them for $38 each inc shipping! Since nobody seems to know much about them I will definitely do an update. They also offer others, 1200 and 1000 Lumen.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaperrooter View Post
    I did, I ordered two of them for $38 each inc shipping! Since nobody seems to know much about them I will definitely do an update. They also offer others, 1200 and 1000 Lumen.
    They should have have great run times I would think and tremendous light output with that huge battery . I hope .

They say three hours. It's win-win if it actually works. 300' throw FLOOD light!

You're referring to this product, I take it:
    http://www.thefusionlite.com/20lu.html

With that big finned heat sink, and it appears not much connection to the body of the light, I could see it being fine heatwise, but can't say for certain. I'm not seeing how it is retained, however, since the it looks like the normal lens and retaining ring the tool light comes with have to be removed to fit.

2000 lumens for 3 hours should be pretty easily achievable with the big 4 Amp-hour battery packs, but probably not the 1.5 - 2 Amp-hour battery packs a lot of the starter kits come with.

With these run times and illumination , I could do away with my quartz light for construction jobs or painting . Maybe , depending on the color .