NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

Default Re: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

Took it to work and it's still sat in my drawer there now, a very old LED Lenser (Googling suggests it might be a V1-Power). Takes button cells and has a blue LED in it. Can't remember exactly when I got it - early 2000s I think. Blue and white LEDs were just really starting to appear, at least in the consumer market, far as I recall.

A Mini Mag Lite bought so long ago.

Enlightened

This wasn't my 1st but its the oldest I have now and was my 1st white LED, from 1998. Its made for reading astronomy maps, it has dimmable white and red LEDs. I think the company still makes similar lights. I also have an Arc AAA lost in my house somewhere.

HI,

My old flashlight is Royavac 250 lumens.
    what to do with older flashlight? toss it away? but seem like kinda waste.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Colinlim View Post
    HI,

My old flashlight is Royavac 250 lumens.
    what to do with older flashlight? toss it away? but seem like kinda waste.
    When i upgrade, if I don't need a backup, I give away my old lights to friends and family. Usually my old lights are better than what they have. The only reason I've had the Skylite so long is its the only red LED I have, and I never needed anything brighter. Now I'm keeping it just because of its age, it turns 20 next week.

This morning I spotted my little Nebo high-beam 12volt plug port light in a drawer and thought it might be my oldest LED in terms of when it was purchased. But being that I have no idea what year I bought it, will probably never know.

A Nebo high beam is a little twisty about the size of a CR123 and has at the tail end a 12 volt port male half. It might be good for 10 lumens but I do recall it was very good for spotting dropped stuff inside the car or fixing a flat.
    John 3:16

Hands down, good ole 4D MagLite. Nothing fancy, replaced incan with Mag led drop-in years ago. Somewhere in the 90s, don't know for sure. The only EDC that has lasted was my HDS. Went from 2010 to 2017 before finally having a mechanical malfunction. Warranty gave me a new one for 2017, lets see how long this lasts.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

Enlightened

My oldest is a 2006 vintage Surefire E2D w/KL4 LED head upgrade. Got it for "on set" use, its rock solid. 100 Lumens!

Robert

Last edited by tanakasan; 01-27-2018 at 12:09 PM.

An old silver 16 LED Coast (LED Lenser) 3xC light

I believe my first LED powered light is a Romisen RC-i3 1/2AA. It's in one of my drawers at home gathering dust.

It recently went kaput and I tried reviving it by cleaning and giving it some tlc to no avail... Im thinking it's got something to do with the head. Will probavly take it apart further later when I get home.
    Last edited by HaileStorm; 01-26-2018 at 06:29 PM.

My first was a rayovac sportsman extreme SELUX2AA3-B. Still have it to this day and itís still ticking. 80 lumens of sheer walking in the woods joy back then haha
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

My very first LED flashlight was an Inova X5, when back then Inova flashlights were built to last forever, there was once I accidentally left it in a pair of pants in the washing machine, and after a full cycle of machine wash and drying in the dryer, it still worked like a charm when I found it, oh, how I missed the good old days, when technology was easy, simple, and honest.

Enlightened

Here's my oldest LED headlamp, Petzl Myo 3, I think I got it in 2000. Xenon focusable main beam 2600K 15-20 lumens, 3 angry blue Nichia LEDs >10,000K probably 2 lumens each. Still has a spare xenon stored in the headband.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Either my 70s circa Eveready Captain or Captain Jr. (3D, 2C). The PR6 (incan bulbs) burned out awhile back, so I bought some kind of Niteize led (~50 lumens) and replaced both.
    But as far as my oldest LED light (stock/non-modified), it'd be my Duracell Daylite. I bought it from Amazon in Feb 2010. It's rated at 160 lumens on 2 x C batteries. I like it because it looks like their battery.
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want.

Surefire owner since 1995.

My arc aaa first edition

Surefire L1 Lumamax, circa 2004, with a whopping 20 lumens. I had an E1E with a KL1 LED conversion before that in 2003, but I gave it to my mother.

Forgot about my Gerber and CMG Infinity lights that I still have.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

I have a CMG infinity too - doesnít work but I still have it. I also still have an original first gen Arc AAA that is non functional.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by regulator View Post
    I have a CMG infinity too - doesnít work but I still have it. I also still have an original first gen Arc AAA that is non functional.
    There was a "fix" for CMG Infinitys that failed. IIRC you placed the head bezel down on a solid surface and used a hammer and a flat tip screwdriver striking the edges in four places to fix a contact issue. Not sure this would be related to your CMG's failure but I thought I would put it out there. DISCLAIMER- I have never tried it but remember reading about it on the old original flashlight reviews site(no longer available AFAIK)YMMV.There may be better info in one of the old Infinity threads here if you dig enough.
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 01-28-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Nitecore d10 sp appart from mag lite whitch annot rember how long ago it was purchased
    "Query,What shall I do with the organic meat bags Master?"

CMG Infinity for me, shortly followed by Arc AAA
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Probably be a toss-up between an Inova X1 and an Inova 24/7. I bought them both when I was in the Navy, probably 2004/5.

Don't think I have a really old one. But the oldest I'm currently using is the solarforce L2i. Others didnt survive long enough.

Unenlightened

Some of them to hand, the 3D magliet is still ican, the small 2AA had a Nitize tripple conversion hehehe
    L-R Zebralight floody 4000k, UV and normal single Lithium cell, Streamlight 4AA with multi LEDs, Maglight with tripple conversion, 2cell Lithium emergency light, and 3D Maglight.

Unenlightened

I have a Maglite 4D cell flashlight from 2009 with a 750 lumen upgrade (I believe it's TerraLux). I still have it but if there is a more recent upgrade in the 5 - 12k Lumen class, that would be nice to know about.

Flashaholic*

I think my oldest is my Arc AAA followed by either my Arc LSL or my ElektroLumens Blaster. The AAA and the blaster are still used full time. I put the Arc LS in a drawer only because the 123A cells are so expensive.
    Molon Labe

Real knives don't fold.

Flashaholic*

My oldest was probably the original LRI Photon microlights. I don't remember if it was called the Photon I or Photon 2000 (millennium)--IIRC, only made in momentary on. I still carry the Photon microlights (Freedom models). I also had several Arc AAA lights, and those Trek lights. I had the Trek 7 and the Trek 19. The Trek 19 was such a "wow" light in its day. LOL.
    Having a right and doing what's right is not always the same.

Flashaholic*

Photon Micro II, the one that has a "on-off" switch, which was the big change from "Photon Micro I" squeeze-on only light that made me buy it when it came to the market. That is the oldest light I have and (i think...) still have, in a box somewhere. Back then it was my EDC to everywhere and came in handy countless times.

Ah, those were the days.

TK40. It was my first "real" flashlight. Therefore, it will never be sold. I use it very littlel but still love it. I used it about a year ago. Then a week ago, we experienced a power failure for 3 hours. I used it and it was doing just fine, without a charge in the last year. I do unscrew the tailcap partially to prevent parasitic drain.
    Last edited by lightseeker2009; 02-20-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Found the old Petzl Tikka Plus in the gear box, and swapped out the clear filter for a red one. This thing must be pushing 15 years old. Should be good to go for those nighttime dog walks now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345