Foxfury Scout        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

Default Re: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

Took it to work and it's still sat in my drawer there now, a very old LED Lenser (Googling suggests it might be a V1-Power). Takes button cells and has a blue LED in it. Can't remember exactly when I got it - early 2000s I think. Blue and white LEDs were just really starting to appear, at least in the consumer market, far as I recall.

A Mini Mag Lite bought so long ago.

Unenlightened

This wasn't my 1st but its the oldest I have now and was my 1st white LED, from 1998. Its made for reading astronomy maps, it has dimmable white and red LEDs. I think the company still makes similar lights. I also have an Arc AAA lost in my house somewhere.

HI,

My old flashlight is Royavac 250 lumens.
    what to do with older flashlight? toss it away? but seem like kinda waste.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Colinlim View Post
    HI,

My old flashlight is Royavac 250 lumens.
    what to do with older flashlight? toss it away? but seem like kinda waste.
    When i upgrade, if I don't need a backup, I give away my old lights to friends and family. Usually my old lights are better than what they have. The only reason I've had the Skylite so long is its the only red LED I have, and I never needed anything brighter. Now I'm keeping it just because of its age, it turns 20 next week.

This morning I spotted my little Nebo high-beam 12volt plug port light in a drawer and thought it might be my oldest LED in terms of when it was purchased. But being that I have no idea what year I bought it, will probably never know.

A Nebo high beam is a little twisty about the size of a CR123 and has at the tail end a 12 volt port male half. It might be good for 10 lumens but I do recall it was very good for spotting dropped stuff inside the car or fixing a flat.
    John 3:16
    "He was so far in the middle of nowhere Google Earth couldn't find him" -PK

Hands down, good ole 4D MagLite. Nothing fancy, replaced incan with Mag led drop-in years ago. Somewhere in the 90s, don't know for sure. The only EDC that has lasted was my HDS. Went from 2010 to 2017 before finally having a mechanical malfunction. Warranty gave me a new one for 2017, lets see how long this lasts.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

My oldest is a 2006 vintage Surefire E2D w/KL4 LED head upgrade. Got it for "on set" use, its rock solid. 120 Lumens!

Pics also of a few others, old and new with shots of some old batteries that were in them. 2006 era Varta CR123's, unknown age Panny and a "use before 2005" ProCell.

Robert

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345