Skilhunt H03 question

darklord

Newly Enlightened
My faithful old Spark ST6 is in the process of giving up the ghost after years of quite extreme abuse! - high is no longer available, and other modes flicker at times.

I'm thinking of replace with a Skilhunt H03, but am not sure what a 'U4' tint is? The sales blurb says LED: CREE XM-L2 U4 - I'm guessing this is not a cool white, but am not sure how warm or neutral it is? Anyone any ideas?

Thx.

sandalian

Enlightened
It's available in two tint option, cool white and neutral white.
As far as I know, there's no warm option for this one.

I've tried the neutral white version, I hope this little review can give you a perspective.

Thx!

darklord

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, sandalian, that's a nice review! It's still a little hard to judge the colour temperature of the lamp, but I'd guess it's not too yellow from what I can see. I prefer my lights towards to the cool white end of the spectrum.

I've looked on the internet to see if I can find anything on the actual colour temperature of U2 and U4 LEDs but can't really find anything (apart form a Cree datasheet that covered lots of LEDs and was way over my head! lol)

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2 and U4 are flux bins, not tint bins. They're rated at 700 mA for the XM-L2. U2 is 300-320 lumens, and U4 is 340-360 lumens.

Max rated current is 3000 mA, although the output increase is not linear. At 3000mA, the output is about 3.25x the 700 mA current, according to the datasheet.