NEXTORCH - Saint Torch 11        
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 4Sevens announces closure

Flashaholic*

Default Re: 4Sevens announces closure

This doesn't surprise me really. Guesses on who is buying them out? Olight?

I imagine it's a tough business.........lots of competition. He rode the wave early on. I'm sure he's making the best economic choice for him and his family. I met David once. He's a nice guy. I wish him the best.

When I bought my Quark Tactical 2xAA Neutral circa 2010, I thought it would be the first of many 4Sevens lights... I later converted it into 1x14500 and I still use it occasionally... but I never bought a single other 47s light since there design and features went the opposite way of my tastes.

To this day though, I have never found a valid replacement for my Quark Tactical.

Flashaholic

Take on the Baton? that was a nice hint . Sad to see Foursevens go

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Guesses on who is buying them out? Olight?
    olightstore.com is my guess, they are only 13 miles apart, not that distance matters...
    afaik 47s lights are already made by Olight. No idea if they plan to continue any of the 47s product l line..
    there are big sales at 47s.. 70% off on the new smart Quark

And for the Quark Lego Lovers, the Quark TurboHead is only $15 (Im not affiliated, just reporting)

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker
    FOURSEVENS
    2774 Cobb Pkwy NW
    Ste 109-377
    Kennesaw, GA 30152

Olight USA
    2150 NW Pkwy SE
    Ste. M
    Marietta, GA 30067
    Last edited by jon_slider; 12-01-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Chauncey will be devastated....
    John 3:16

This is sad very sad to me.

That’s too bad. How was it announced?

Sad indeed. Foursevens was my first shop I bought flashlight stuff from when he didn't have his own flashlights yet.

I wish you and all the rest of the company best luck ;-).
    My Lights (current EDC: Foursevens Mini MkII Titanium)

Quote Originally Posted by weez82 View Post
    Take on the Baton? that was a nice hint .
    Listen closely
    Take-on "The Baton" as good as This Guy.

"Carry on the 47s legacy" that makes it sound like David is just tired of butting heads with Olight, and a non Olight person is buying 47s.. Imo Olight is stubborn, David is innovative and market savvy… he sits on Olights board of directors.. probably frustrating..

The 47s cr123 twisty production volume is tiny compared to TheBaton
    David just made 500 each of the 2 final Stainless twisties
    Olight made 10,000 of each of the 6 versions of the Copper and Ti SMini Batons

The TiTwisties are being reported as gritty.. Imo Twisty Ti is a poor combo.. where the New 47s could capture unique market with the Mk II Imo, would be by turning it into a compact tail clicky.. I'm not a fan of sideswitches, nor TiTwisties. So I would “Pass” on TheBaton, if a MK II size CR123 tail clicky was an option.. even if its electronic like TheBatonSwitch…

And then theres the Bluetooth Quarks to push forward.. and its clear to me Olight is not going there.. so maybe we will see another American buying a company that contracts for Chinese made lights. Thats very Apple like, American company, outsourcing manufacturing to China

Quote Originally Posted by egginator1 View Post
    How was it announced?
    click the red triangle in the middle of post #1
    Last edited by jon_slider; 12-01-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Looking at the 47's store they have very little left in stock.

I have a SS light (different brand) and it is indeed a robust finish. I EDC for over a year and it is still shiny as new.
    THRUNITE Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+HighCRI modded Mini-Mag2AAA, E01
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens)

Flashaholic

I was afraid this was coming; they've been clearancing inventory for weeks now. It's a shame to see them go; they've always been one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    I have a SS light (different brand) and it is indeed a robust finish. I EDC for over a year and it is still shiny as new.
    now you can have a Stainless Mini or a Stainless Mini Turbo

the 47s logo on those lights looks like an O to me :-)

A&Q Moderator

Thanks Dave for all the great gear.

I am saddened by this news.

I am not surprised as was thinking the very thing over the last few weeks. Too many items at deep discount on Foursevens and through other avenues before the announcement. Some of the new offering were/are good but wished for things that couldn't be. In fact I am uploading a review of the Mini Mk II on Youtube right now. The old school Quarks are fantastic tools. I was skeptical of the entire moonlight thing before actually trying one out. 4/7 Tactical UI is one of my favorites. But IMHO the company had one arm tied behind it's back. It would be cool if somehow the mystery person was PK. I bet there are well extablished ties to Olight as well.

Has anyone told Chauncey.....
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 12-01-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Oh no, I remember on the old times, as we are awaiting the new lights of another brand, David deals with. The time was always before christmas and we from oversea are now reading what good lights in the US were delivered. The tests on CPF are good and we are awaiting the flashlights. So now the global times are killing the innovating guys with there shops. My 4/7 Q mini cr 2 is my edc light since years. Heads up David
    Michael

Doesn't David own Olight?
    (Edit)

Answered my own question. (End edit)

I sensed he just wants to venture a different direction... possibly a different project involving new ideas and new technology. A very smart man who has made some pretty smart decisions over time so I'm prrrrrretty sure we'll see something amazing in time.

Bought a pair of PK Knights while there's still some left. 50% off, $0 shipping... you betcha!!
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-02-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    John 3:16

Do any of the clearance lights have a neutral/warm or high CRI emitter option? (sorry, I had to take the opportunity one last time)

Flashaholic

Sad news indeed.

Dave's always been a professional and a pleasure to deal with him. In addition to his early Preon which I use regularly, I still have an old L0P-SE that I got from Dave over a decade ago which was even before he had his own brand. Not to mention the many Mini's and Atoms' I've enjoyed through the years.

Best wishes Dave, for your next endeavor.
    Last edited by pc_light; 12-01-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Sad! The Atom AO CPF 15th anniversary edition with the 92 CRI Nichia is basically a perfect light. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays the smallest AAA light I own forever. And the illumn exclusive Preon P2s also running 92 CRI Nichia LEDs are really great lights.
    What always stopped me from buying more of their lights was a lack of high CRI options and no tint options, which can be very hard to come by.
    I understand back in the day they had options for warm tinted variants. Unfortunately I missed out on the timing, and by the time I found out about the warm tinted Preons, they were unavailable and never came back. I've wanted one ever since.

End of an era, I really like 4sevens. Hope who ever takes over makes something out of what he gets
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Yes, this is sad. Just had to buy my last item from the 4Sevens store - the Stainless Mini Turbo MKII, even though I don't need it as my Alum version is just fine.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Yes, this is sad. Just had to buy my last item from the 4Sevens store - the Stainless Mini Turbo MKII, even though I don't need it as my Alum version is just fine.
    I just did the same, 4 sevens was a big influence in my flashahaulism and will be remembered.

I have a titanium 1st gen Preon 2 that has been carried/ used since it came out. I will hope it lasts for many more years.
    Paul

Ever since the Mini123 was introduced, I've not found anything to replace it for my EDC until I got a Vinh modded Mini Turbo a few months ago. How long is that - maybe 5-7 years?
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

My Quark Tactical had the best UI.
    Other aspects of the light were soso.
    I had to let it go because of those other aspects.
    Sad.

A sad end... Still my most used lights for many years.

DAVID CHOW - Man knows how to make an exit.

~ Cg
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Very sad to see him go and leave the flashlight industry. He was the one who created Fenix Store and bring Fenixlight to the market.

I was surprised the relationship with Olight lasted this long, they were actually competitors with each other.

Olight is successful and they do not need the help of David Chow any longer. So sad.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

You will be missed.

Sad news, indeed !

I have many flashlights,
    but my 47's AA Quarks (both T and P models)
    are certainly my FAVORITES !

They have served me well
    since the day(s) I got 'em.

And I'm sure they will continue
    to do so, until the day I die.

Thank you, David, for EVERYTHING !

Best of Luck (and health)
    to you, and your loved ones.

-- Burgess

BTW --

Aren't you * EVER * gonna' tell us
    what " 47's " really means ? ? ?
    < wink >
    Last edited by Burgess; 12-01-2017 at 08:04 PM.

I feel as if we have had another death in the family. Hopefully David is just burnt out and is looking for something new.
    I hope you make some money on the sale of the business. Best of luck Mr David Chow.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast