Jetbeam        
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4Sevens announces closure

Default Re: 4Sevens announces closure

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Really? I never liked the 4sevens twisties, as I always found them very temper-mental. Small, though, so I guess that was their appeal.

Personally, I liked their old Quarks. I always figured those would be their best sellers.
    "Temperamental" is a very good description of the 47 twisties. They had to be carefully maintained or they were a royal pain in the rear. I had a stainless steel Preon Revo that I carried as a backup for many years, and I thought it was a wonderful little light. The only reason I don't own it anymore is because it was lost when my suitcase ripped open on a flight. The Revo had been long discontinued by that point, so I bought a AAA LED Maglite as a replacement.

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    I owned one Nitecore light. I've never been tempted to buy another.
    The point wasn't the brands rather stating the fact most of these companies have a deep bench. In some ways I though the "Foursevens collection" as David called it product line wasn't deep enough. I think some of that came from artificial restrictions which other manufactures like Fenix or Nitecore didn't have to deal with. Kinda to opposite of your impression.

edit.

As for Nitecore IMHO some of their stuff is really good...others not so much.
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 01-10-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

A&Q Moderator

Name calling is off topic. I am going to delete all the posts relating to it. It's actually embarrassing I have gotta do this.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Really? I never liked the 4sevens twisties, as I always found them very temper-mental. Small, though, so I guess that was their appeal.

Personally, I liked their old Quarks. I always figured those would be their best sellers.
    The only two of about six 47 lights that I’ve owned and still use are a cool white and a high cri mini, the rest were abysmal.
    Lucky I guess, but my two twisties have always performed flawlessly.
    Last edited by LGT; 01-10-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Because of this thread... I get to relive some fond memories... more than 3000 days ago, David Chow share his passion in this 4Sevens light...

Awesome Neutral Tint! I like it so much that I own 2. This is a user and another is kept in pristine condition.
    changing sigline ...

Quote Originally Posted by rookiedaddy View Post
    Because of this thread... I get to relive some fond memories... more than 3000 days ago, David Chow share his passion in this 4Sevens light...

Awesome Neutral Tint! I like it so much that I own 2. This is a user and another is kept in pristine condition.
    I have one also. Great light. Gets constant use in bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    ...I had a stainless steel Preon Revo that I carried as a backup for many years, and I thought it was a wonderful little light....
    I had a stainless Preon REVO with a neutral white emitter. It was about the most perfect tint I have ever had. And about the most perfect AAA unit that I have ever encountered. Selling that was really, really hard (Sob!) but I was not using it enough and I needed the money.

Like the Titanium Quarks, that SS NW REVO was just a classic light. Is a '65 Mustang ever going to stop being a classic car? No. Some (not all) of the 4/7s lights were like that.

Here's a great thread if you want to relive some fond 4Sevens and Foursevens memories. - #1

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Name calling is off topic. I am going to delete all the posts relating to it. It's actually embarrassing I have gotta do this.
    my bad for being one of the posts that had to be deleted. didnt realize that is what was going on and thought there was a real person named that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Here's a great thread if you want to relive some fond 4Sevens and Foursevens memories. - #1
    Thanks for the heads-up Chance. Nice thread.

My user Turbo, with diffuser installed. Another one is in storage to maintain its pristine condition...

One of my Preon ReVO, too cute to carry...

My one and only Preon Ti Blk...

My Primary CR123A battery tester, Mini 123 Warm

changing sigline ...

rookiedaddy, Those are some great, whimsical, pictures. Hope to see you on the other side.

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic

My user Turbo, with diffuser installed. Another one is in storage to maintain its pristine condition...
    I love my Turbo, it's one of the best physically proportioned lights I own. The much larger Turbo X heads always make the light look so much more ungainly by comparison.

Ungainly! I resemble that remark.

~ Cg

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Ungainly! I resemble that remark.

~ Cg

To the extreme!
    Maybe if dedomed/domeless LED's had been around at the time a smaller head could have been used without sacrificing throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordforthelord View Post
    ... Maybe if dedomed/domeless LED's had been around at the time a smaller head could have been used without sacrificing throw.
    Isn't it a wonderful time to be a flashaholic!

Goldilocks and the Three Flashlights.

The Maelstrom Regen MMR-X
    1 to 800 Lumens
    Micro-USB Charging
    18650 Fueled
    Five User Interfaces

Available in any color you want.... as long as it's Black, Blue or Brass.

~ Chance

My only FourSevens light is one of the original Preon P2 in gold. The tint was a bit toward the green side.

The twisties and the Quarks never appealed to me. I've never bought a light solely on it's appearance or uniqueness - function was always highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by LightObsession View Post
    My only FourSevens light is one of the original Preon P2 in gold. The tint was a bit toward the green side.

The twisties and the Quarks never appealed to me. I've never bought a light solely on it's appearance or uniqueness - function was always highest priority.
    Never in 14 years?! It's time to turn in your Flashaholic badge.

~ Chance

I always thought when the Preons came out, that his "smooth anodizing that is able to give you grip" was pretty nice. I'm not too sure if the latest Preons that I have are using that feature, they feel slippery.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    I always thought when the Preons came out, that his "smooth anodizing that is able to give you grip" was pretty nice. I'm not too sure if the latest Preons that I have are using that feature, they feel slippery.
    I liked it but it still wasn't enough grip to operate the light as a twisty one handed (not for me at least)

IMO, the original Preons (two on the left) were a bit slippery. The new Preons had a machined relief, making them easier to purchase.

Installing clicky tail-caps on the first-run Preons made them one hand operational.

~ Chance

Here's a little better picture of the machining.
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 01-13-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Wow, I completely missed the boat on these flashlights. I have never owned one, but they look very nice. Great lights, everyone!

Very sad, 47's have been some of my favorite lights for years, my main EDC is a Quark 123 Turbo, with a Stainless Fenix LD01 as backup. I have 40 or so 47's lights and met with David Chow about 10 years ago when the brand was very new. He was very interested in hearing what customers had to say. I have a lot of lights the majority are Surefire, Fenix and FourSevens, while I never got an Atom, I have most of 47's other light up to the MMU-18. Never had any issues with any of their lights. (well the MMU-18 was a little finicky unless it had new batteries in it.) They never let me down and were very reasonably priced. I bought several of his blue tooth lights on closeout. Does anyone have any idea if the app will be developed for android. I have it on my iphone but would like to gift some to android users.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD64 View Post
    android.
    no, the company is out of business

Hopefully David will be back with 5Sevens or maybe even 6 of em! Still REALLY love my Quark Turbo QB2A!! It's my favorite 2xAA throwy light, and still in use often (sits next to my back door)!! My draw full of other Quarks still get the occasional use. Long live David Chow!!

Flashaholic*

Wow, sad to hear it.
    I used to use a twisty mini as my back-up light.

I'm glad I got a Quark RGB too before they were discontinued. They're honestly pretty pointless and the UI is clumsy but they're fun to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Imon View Post
    Wow, sad to hear it.
    I used to use a twisty mini as my back-up light.

I'm glad I got a Quark RGB too before they were discontinued. They're honestly pretty pointless and the UI is clumsy but they're fun to play around with.
    I always wanted an RGB, and still don't know why I want(ed) one. Oh well.

Perhaps it'd be helpful to bump David Chow's video. The information concerning the new owner of Foursevens starts at the three minute mark.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post

Is the new Foursevens lights going to be made by Olight? If yes, how is Foursevens going to take over Olight Batons?

The relations will not last long with Olight as I see there would be a conflict of interest whereby they are competitors.
    Last edited by royjohnson77; 01-17-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by BigD64 View Post
    Very sad, 47's have been some of my favorite lights for years, my main EDC is a Quark 123 Turbo, with a Stainless Fenix LD01 as backup. I have 40 or so 47's lights and met with David Chow about 10 years ago when the brand was very new. He was very interested in hearing what customers had to say. I have a lot of lights the majority are Surefire, Fenix and FourSevens, while I never got an Atom, I have most of 47's other light up to the MMU-18. Never had any issues with any of their lights. (well the MMU-18 was a little finicky unless it had new batteries in it.) They never let me down and were very reasonably priced. I bought several of his blue tooth lights on closeout.

Does anyone have any idea if the app will be developed for android.

I have it on my iphone but would like to gift some to android users.
    Given what David Chow conveyed in his farewell video, it's entirely possible the new owner of Foursevens will indeed develop an app for android users. With that being stated, the answer to your question is, No. No one posting here has any idea if an app will, or won't be developed for android users.

~ Chance

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by royjohnson77 View Post
    Is the new Foursevens lights going to be made by Olight? If yes, how is Foursevens going to take over Olight Batons?

The relations will not last long with Olight as I see there would be a conflict of interest whereby they are competitors.
    I have not seen answers, other than what David said in his video. As far as a concern about conflict of interest I believe someone previously mentioned that David is on the Board of Directors of Olight. Any one able to confirm this?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast