Maglite Aftermarket Reflectors?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any aftermarket reflectors for a C or D cell Maglite that are faceted (or use another method to get good beams)? As I'm sure any flashaholic knows, the Maglite beams suck out of the box. Since I have several C and D cell Maglites, I figure I might as well try to make them as good as possible, provided that there are mods available?

zackhugh

Enlightened
You might check with Otokoyama. He was making a bunch of machined aluminum reflectors, but I don't know if he has any spares for sale.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
its not really a coat, I just held it 14 inches away as lambda suggested and used a quick burst. You want very fine droplets just large enough to melt together as it dries. (too light the droplets do not melt together, to much and you coat the reflector with paint or have too large of droplets) I found that too light of a coat lost some light and too much of a coat lost some light. I practiced on some cheap flashlight reflectors I had laying around first.

If you look on the next page I have ome pics posted, I found my best results were slightly larger specs of paint than in my last picture, but WAY smaller than in my first.

I found this paint to work really well but I have not experimented with krylon for comparison. it left a PERFECT orange peel like finish.