Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Amber vs Red choice

Default Amber vs Red choice

If this has been covered before, please let me know where - I looked at the thread titles and havenít seen this topic before

I have the red filter for the Surefire E series so can see what to expect, how does it differ to the Amber? Is Amber brighter than the red? What is the use of Amber vs red? I think ina tent it would be brighter and nicer, but wonder whether I would just use dim mode instead.

Any feedback greatfully received, the other day both options were available in black aluminium so not sure which to go for

Thank you.

Default Re: Amber vs Red choice

I like amber just my preference. But I do own one Red secondary. Hope this helps

Amber is a bit brighter and works better in city settings. The red is not as bright, but more stealthy. Both are great, just depends on taste. I have a mix of OR lights in red and amber.

Thanks guys. I expect I would mainly use 4 levels of white light but nice to have a coloured option. Amber might be best as I already have red covered with my Haiku.

Thanks again

Additionally you can use the bounce feature for red or amber to make it a hidden 5th mode. Those secondary LED are very useful for EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Additionally you can use the bounce feature for red or amber to make it a hidden 5th mode. Those secondary LED are very useful for EDC.
    I will read up on this!