P2X Fury Tactical as a carbine light?

bubbatime

Newly Enlightened
Is the P2X Fury Tactical suitable for use as a light on an AR15 based carbine? My main carbine has a M600 Ultra on it, which is obviously a high quality weapon light. My backup carbine has the P2X Fury Tactical on it currently. I examined the light the other day and noticed that the springs on the head side are dinky.

I have a Malkoff MD2, Elzetta ZFL M60, or Elzetta Mini-CQB on other, less important guns, that I could move up the line if they are better than the P2X Fury Tactical in that role.

I like the brightness and spill of the Fury Tactical, but if its not built for it, I dont mind removing it and replacing it with something else.

Last edited:

Lumen83

Enlightened
I'm no expert so my thoughts probably aren't worth much, but if its a 5.56 AR thats a relatively light recoil rifle. I can't imagine the Fury not being able to withstand that kind of recoil. I'm sure it can pass a drop test which is probably a lot more shock. Unless, repeated low-level shock adds up. i wouldn't know. But, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for home defense. Military or law enforcement use, I would want to be a little more sure of its capabilities. Thats just my two cents.