help for buy components for flashlight

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone I would like to help you buy (which I saw once but I do not remember where) a pill already assembled with 3 or 4 LEDs with the pole and the slide with the lenses to be mounted on later
practically it would be a ready-made thing like a dropin p60 without spring with the pole (thus being much lower) to be used immediately without changes
if I want to waste time I would like to create a torch body where to insert the object and a head that tightens the slide to the pill and then a tailcap to the other side

Thanks to all those who will help me

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone there is nobody who can help me?
I was looking for something already assembled like this in a photo and then applying the lenses
s-l1600.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Maybe a moderator can move this to the modify section.
That's likely where the answer to your quest can be found.

This section has general traffic... cars, buses, taxis and motorcycles. What you seek is a train. They're over at the railroad tracks... ie the modify section where the modify types hang out.

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex, we call that assembly the "pill". It houses the LEDs, optics, and the driver that regulates the power coming from the battery. Basically, that pill is meant for a surefire head that has been machined out to accept it.

That pill you pictured is a custom job, I don't know anybody that is selling that as a separate unit. The maker of that is Shrike222, from South Korea. He is a regular here on the forums. If you look at one of his ebay sales, item# 322899044761, you can see the pill that goes into the head of that L4 he is offering.

Possibly a better way to go about a modification is to purchase a flashlight body (we call it a host) that follows the Surefire 6P format. This is the easiest torch to modify, because there are many, many sellers that sell triple or quad LED engines that drop in to an existing host without modification. A completed assembly like this is called a drop-in, because it's so easy to add to an existing torch.

Here's a drop-in that I modified with a quad LED
5B1KlT.jpg

it4kMs.jpg

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello I'm aware of all the things you mentioned in fact I follow the world of torches with interest for some years
I do not want to change a flashlight with a dropin, as I have already done with surefire, but I would try to create a torch I invented for personal satisfaction, with body, head, tailcap and I liked that type of object to try to have a length shorter total

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex,
I do not know your level of experience, that's why I tried to help explain some things.
If you have the ability to make a flashlight body, then that is your answer. Make one from scratch. You can control all aspects of the torch that way.

~D