RMSK, Inc.        

Thread: 18650 recommendation

Default 18650 recommendation

I'm getting myself an Olight s2 baton for work and wondered if anyone could recommend any 18650s for it 3000mah +
    Many Thanks :-)

Default Re: 18650 recommendation

Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but thread moved to "Battery" subforum
    ... is the archimedes peak

I also have the S2 and have a Fenix. I would stay with the Olight or a trusted manufacturer like Fenix.
    Last edited by Mchipman; 12-13-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Enlightened

I have two S2ís and use them a lot. This time of year itís a good EDC for me. One of the many things I like about it is it will run on basically any 18650. I use my well-seasoned Panasonic NCR18650Bís. Even though the S2 does not need a higher drain 10A cell I would buy Panasonic/Sanyo NCR650GAís because the price delta between the two is very small and itís a more modern cell. The LG 18650MJ1 is also a good option and also a 10A cell all three cells are rated between 3400 and 3500mAh. The S2 has a spring in both sides of the battery compartment so you can use flat or button top. All three are available both ways. I would recommend a protected cell for your first time around unless you have experience with LiIon cells. The three above mentioned cells are available both unprotected and protected. A protected cell will prevent you from over charging and over discharging the cell but will cost a little more.

Olight batteries are top notch. Iím 10% of the way through the 500 charges listed for the Olight S1R battery form completely dead, to fully charged, just over 50 full from dead charges. Since I got the SMini Ti some time ago it replaced the S1R for daily carry. Itís been sitting two weeks and I just checked it. 4.20V. Hasnít dropped any since it came off the charger.

For 18650s I run the streamlight branded cell. It runs a tad shorter than higher mah batteries but it runs at full brightness longer then fades quicker. Where the higher mah batteries Iíve tried dim quicker but run slightly longer. Iím more into full brightness at a longer time than pure run time with dimmer output along the way. They arenít super expensive either. Very good 18650s.

i have a pair in my MT40GT and it just runs and runs and keeps going. I donít see a need for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, but thread moved to "Battery" subforum
    Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rictus.grimm View Post
    Thank you :-)
    Certainly, and you have already gotten good responses here

Cheers !
    ... is the archimedes peak