Olight - PL - MINI        

Thread: Muyshondt Flashlights

Default Muyshondt Flashlights

Does anyone know where the flashlights are currently being manufactured?
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

I’d be interested to know the answer to this as well. Doesn’t seem like the website states much if anything at all. Given the perceived quality, one would expect that they’re being made domestically but who knows?

Default Re: Muyshondt Flashlights

Looks like no one knows.

I posit they are made in China
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

I kinda doubt that but I suppose it's possible. Why don't you email Enrique and ask him and report back?

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    one would expect that they’re being made domestically
    I have not seen Muyshondt claim that his designs are "Manufactured or Assembled in USA"

https://shop.muyshondt.net
    "Muyshondt designs Electric Torches"

https://shop.muyshondt.net/blogs/muyshondt-blog
    "... a product that is a truly global effort, combining the best materials and parts from the world over, along with the best talent and craftsmanship, to create a truly superior product, with suppliers in the United States, China, Japan, and several other countries working together under our direction..."

Some quick googling tells me Enrique’s other business is related to 3D printing/prototyping. Sorta reinforced the concept of design but not manufactured here

And Muyshondt makes no claims that they are made in the states, we all know that if there were, we’d have two pages of ad copy about superior US manufacturing during the industrial era.

Just be clear, this thread isn’t calling the quality into question, I’ve been impressed with both my Beagle and Aeon MKIII

I believe by trade Enrique is an electrical engineer of some sort. I think this is the reason he has long done the design work for his circuit boards and switches.

Maybe the man himself can chip in? Haven’t seen him post in quite a while.