Full featured 10180 size flashlight final version completed.

What you see here, is the final version of the previously introduced 10180 size fully featured (programmable and reflectored) It's been a design I've made a few prototypes of and single pieces on my manual lathe in the past, including a Timscus version and a bi-exotic version. You can see the original prototype thread HERE. The small batch I've made has a few minor changes mostly in the tail. I've added a design feature, so it can be key-chain carried, also it can tailstand, even if not to stable in this position. I have met many challenges along the way, and solutions needed to be found in a moments notice. After the Nucleus flashlight, I assumed, the larger I go the easier will things get...maybe the next size:) The biggest challenge was cutting the small features and keeping tight tolerances without braking very small tools (I'm a perfectionist all lights are within 0.001" tolerance) . This did not become a big issue, until getting to the exotic and custom materials, like Mokuti, Damasteel. Using 0.020 grooving tools, cutting threads on multi hardness materials introduces vibration, which translates to breaking tools. Some materials became such a pain to work with, that I've decided these few pieces will be the only ones made of this design out of this material (Blue Tongue and Dense Twist Damasteel.Once the challenges were overtaken, I've had a few more waiting for me at the time of the assembly. Most of these were unexpected, as the components have been slightly changed since working on the prototype, which I haven't found out until just a few days ago. I'm very excited to show you what becomes the next flashlight in my lineup. It's predecessor the Nucleus was made purely for the enthusiasts of miniatures with a very simple design, this will cater to a wider audience due to programmability and rechargeable battery. Few more things worth mentioning is that I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) this is the first light made of Blue Tongue and Dense Twist Damasteel. The features of these materials are very small so I imagine it would mostly appeal to pure enthusiasts of small flashlights. Most of the work what you see here (with some very small exception) are done by me including CAD design, writing CNC program, operating CNC, assembly. Feel free to share your opinion about this light, also I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Here are the full specifications of the flashlight:

Name: Omicron
Available versions: Titanium (Incl. bead blasted), Damasteel (Blue Tungue and Dense Twist), Moku-Ti, Mokume Gane, Copper
Size : 1.87" x 0.5" (48mm x 12.5mm)
Weight : 15 gramms (Titanium with battery)
Optics : 10 mm dual coated Sapphire Glass window, coating specifically adjusted to Nichia 419C 4000K LED
LED : Nichia 219C 4000K
Lumens : Programmable GuppyDrv 24 Mode Groups 0,5-200 Lumens
Water Resistance: Water resistant (It is fully oringed, withstanding submersion up to 15 feet, but for warranty purposes it will be sold as weather resistant.)
Location of manufacture: USA (San Diego, California)
Machined used for making these lights: Haas SL-10, Haas VF3 SS

Release Date: 12/14/2017 (This Thursday) 5-6PM PST (California)

You can see these pictures in higher resolution on my Flickr page HERE:

Ti and Blasted Ti version

39011741221_f1e122c4a8_b.jpg

Moku-Ti Version:

38294371594_26e7917c42_b.jpg

Blue Tongue Damasteel Version

38294374934_a022b4ea52_b.jpg

Dense Twist Version:

39010159391_2b06e8b234_b.jpg

Mokume Gane Version (Etched)

38294374184_d8fb545991_b.jpg

Group Shots:

39010153401_32e0dd851a_b.jpg

38294372694_0c222e365d_b.jpg

24148185307_79432a340b_b.jpg

38294370594_4ab5054079_b.jpg

Beautifully executed George. Can you give us an idea of what pricing will start at?

Hi Theodore, although I can't announce exact pricing until the start of the sales, I can tell you, that the copper version will go for a little more, than the Nucleus Galaxy Edition....this should help a bit. Additional cost will be based on options like trits finishes etc. I hope it helps:)

Zandar

Enlightened
Fantastic, I'll take 2 sets of 6 please, half for me and half for the museum!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Theodore, although I can't announce exact pricing until the start of the sales, I can tell you, that the copper version will go for a little more, than the Nucleus Galaxy Edition....this should help a bit. Additional cost will be based on options like trits finishes etc. I hope it helps:)

Thank you, sir!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
George, I think I wrote that before, but again, your lights are the only ones I would consider buying based as much on their look as their utility. So what I would really like to see one day is a sterling silver version of this light and/or a Nucleus. To match for example my sterling lighter.

Last edited:
As always, your kind words are much appreciated:) I can't tell you, if I'll make a light out of sterling silver yet...I've never worked with silver, but if I do, I'll make sure to let you know!:)

George, I think I wrote that before, but again, your lights are the only ones I would consider buying based as much on their look as their utility. So what I would really like to see one day is a sterling silver version of this light and/or a Nucleus. To match for example my sterling lighter.