18650 Samsung unprotected

wobby82

Newly Enlightened
Hello all . Sorry if I'm in the incorrect area. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if it's ok to keep these batteries fully charged even when not being used every day or is it like other batterys wher u have to put them in Storage mode? I have 4 and they will be going in to a q8 . It can be that some days I won't use it at all so I just wonder if the batterys will be ok to be left in torch . Thanks

ven

Flashaholic
Batteries are OK to be left fully charged for a few days, weeks even. If its going to turn into months, then its recommended to store around 3.6v. If kept in a light, if possible lock out(undo tail cap for example to break contact). This prevents any accidental activation and potential parasitic drain when stored or in a back pack etc.

:welcome:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batteries are OK to be left fully charged for a few days, weeks even. If its going to turn into months, then its recommended to store around 3.6v. If kept in a light, if possible lock out(undo tail cap for example to break contact). This prevents any accidental activation and potential parasitic drain when stored or in a back pack etc.

:welcome:

I agree.

Just tell anybody who might be using your lights, that they have to twist the tailcap closed and don't do it too tightly.

I was away in L.A. last week and my water heater started dripping into the kitchen a tad, so my GF was there and couldn't see what was what and I told her to go grab a flashlight, which she did and said (Convoy C8) it didn't work for her.

I told her to tighten the tailcap a bit and that worked.

She ended up denting the BT on an LG E1, but she got things sorted out, lol.

Gotta love women. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

Chris

Last edited: