Rofis R1 review (900 lm, XM-L2 U2,RCR123A)

viperxp

Enlightened
Hello,

This review will be dedicated to a very interesting flashlight/headlight from Rofis, the R1.

p0NFcf8U_o.jpg
o7zpJYXd_o.jpg

GRP6IzjD_o.jpg
QZbD5XFg_o.jpg

So, what is the big deal with this light?

As you can see from the pictures, the build is quite unique. It's angle-light, with an easily changeable shape. It can be a regular straight flashlight, but the head can be twisted, turning it into an angle-light, that can also be used as a headlight (a headband is included with the light). Other than that, the light is rechargeable, and the battery is a regular RCR123A and not some proprietary battery.

Link to the light page on Rofislight website (link is external)

Let's start

jkSPEBat_o.jpg
PnBEdO1H_o.jpg

yrsOkggH_o.jpg
OvxZQGnH_o.jpg

The light comes in a very nice carton box, where black and orange colors are dominating.

fEcCqmGl_o.jpg

The box is very interesting, you can open it without unpacking, and see the light.

rbIuait1_o.jpg

fo8e7uNv_o.jpg
KQCOpi2E_o.jpg

G64H3mse_o.jpg
YbK6fojT_o.jpg

The light comes with a magnetic charging cable, headband, lanyard and user manual.

QQc7kVkS_o.jpg
3pJyGtbM_o.jpg
QzFmUPGG_o.jpg

All about the light, including the user manual fonts looks very well made.

1jvibPyZ_o.jpg
QjzlYflP_o.jpg

klRlJhVQ_o.jpg
5ClTxJd2_o.jpg

dyCaocc2_o.jpg
JyqbL83u_o.jpg

Here is the light. Some observations:

1. The anodizing is the shiniest and the smoothest that I remember coming across.
2. The bezel looks very well. It's shiny, massive and SS made. A real beauty.
3. The head twisting mechanism is great. Before getting the light I was afraid that the head would wobble, and the positions would not be fixed well. My fears were torn by the light – the twisting part is very steady, the twist itself takes a bit of force (not excessive, but you can be sure that you will not twist it by mistake). I can even tell that it I wouldn't knew that the head can switch directions – I would not have turn it – it's that steady.
4. The button has a nice click feel, the click itself is silent and feels like the button in the most recent Olight S1 Mini lights, but with a more silent click.

GFvBqBDa_o.jpg

BrJpsVgb_o.jpg

08pYbEFy_o.jpg
gxCvTr8x_o.jpg

The charging leads looks good, it wouldn't be obvious that those are charging leads to a person not familiar with the light. Once you install the battery the button light for a second or so, in order to indicate the battery status. The tailcap has a built in magnet that can be easily removed.

PWAUnNnr_o.jpg
SGVuGIc8_o.jpg

Please note that the battery is an ordinary RCR123A (16340) and not some proprietary type.

nxICrRfr_o.jpg
qU0awOa0_o.jpg

d680Q2Oe_o.jpg
xMheEoG4_o.jpg

A little size comparison with other very compact lights. The light is definitely not big, but it can't compete in size with the smallest lights on the market. When it's in the angled position, the length is roughly identical to a 18650 cell.
pK2GkNs8_o.jpg
WMbSPoYo_o.jpg

NiaPCaWl_o.jpg

The charging connector holds very well, and can be used in any flashlight position.

6yC9jWng_o.jpg

Here is the light attached to the headband. The headband itself is of a good quality, but needs to get some air before usage, as it's quite smelly out of the box.

Let's see it in action?

906atlTW_o.jpg
Grl0bkNu_o.jpg

tSvhXJh5_o.jpg
nSriZ449_o.jpg

MH5PknPF_o.jpg
OdvFMyuJ_o.jpg

Well, it ain't a monster but the light output is impressive, when comes from such a small light. The tint is nice, there are no visible artifacts too.

Conclusion, final words

A great light. It delivers what it promises to deliver, not less. The quality is great, the twisting mechanism works very well too. A proper moonlight mode, a SS bezel, a great EDC light.

Budman231

Enlightened
Nice review. Nice light.. Seems the flashlight world have moved away from 123 based cells toward 18650. 5 years ago 123's ruled.