PCBs for Cree XQ LEDs

JoeGill

Newly Enlightened
I have been searching for PCBs to use with a single Cree XQ (1.6mm) LED. The source I found in Europe won't ship to the U.S., and shipping from Australia is cost-prohibitive. Does anyone know of a U.S.- or China-based provider of these PCBs. Ideally I would order the LEDs already flowed onto the PCB, but I would be happy just to find a cost-effective source for the PCBs even if I have to solder the LEDs to them myself. Thanks!

Joe Gill

JoeGill

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to build a box that will cast very sharp bright light through a pinhole, so I want the light source to as close to a point as possible. The Cree XP E2 does a good job, but if I can get an even smaller LED with good light output, I'd like to to. Thanks!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
What I'm trying to figure out is whether this (the automotive board) is the right place for your request for assistance. Is there any connection here to an automotive application...?

JoeGill

Newly Enlightened
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize I was in the Automotive Forum. I think I need to go up a couple of levels to LEDs. Thanks for your interest!
Joe

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm trying to build a box that will cast very sharp bright light through a pinhole, so I want the light source to as close to a point as possible. The Cree XP E2 does a good job, but if I can get an even smaller LED with good light output, I'd like to to. Thanks!

I am far from an LED expert around here, but you may want to look to see if the Oslon Black emitter might have useful specs ....