Klarus        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

Default Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

Did anyone get any nice lights for Christmas?

I didn't get one as a gift, but I bought myself a Surefire G2z Combatlight with Maxvision and a Thyrm Switchback 2.0.

Let's see what you got!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

I bought myself an Acebeam L16 & Acebeam EC35, and yes I prefer Acebeam for some reason as they have never disappointed me for their overall quality and performance.

Yellowlaugh Re: Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

I bought myself an Acebeam K30! It's fantastic!!!!!!!

Don't know yet... Santa is still enroute.

John 3:16

I bought myself a Zebralight H53Fc and it is very nice: Both high CRI and new a UI which I programmed as H is low, M is high and High is medium. Less risk of accidental blinding myself and others, but what the other Zebralights I have with older UI? Perhaps I "need" new lights?

My Christmas came early this year. Bought myself a Lupine headlamp a couple of weeks ago.

Unenlightened

Bought the Acebeam L30 neutral. Absolutely love the light output. Massive flood that throws very far. Rear clicky turbo only - awesome.
    How is the Surefire G2Z ? Kinda thinking about that or a ZL SC600w xhp50 flood
    Any opinions?

Default Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

Merry Christmas!!!

Santa delivered mine on Friday! 57+ years of being a flashaholic (got my first light when I was 3). The Titanium 70 BOSS is my new favorite. 🏻🏻🏻

I got my lights on Christmas Eve!! Way to go postal!!! They’re already mine but I had osram oslon flat black put in all of them and it really makes a difference. Like a tighter xpl hi that throws farther. Got a blue titanium tool with gold clip from massdrop on Saturday and I have a mess to clean up today. 50 presents between the four of us
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

For Christmas I gifted myself an Acebeam T21vn Black Flat version, and 3 Zebralight H600FC MK4s, which I would choose the best of the 3 from.

The Zebralights haven't come yet, but the T21vn just makes me giggle everytime I use it.

Smile Re: Did Anyone Get Any Nice Lights for Christmas??

Santa brought the Olight S1R turbo and the hubby got two Klarus ST 12s (he really likes the UI and two is one....

Santa didn't leave any flashlights at my home this year. But Mr. Postman dropped off some LumensFactory modules for my crosshair logo SureFire E1 and some Tads Customs stuff for my 4 flats SureFire A2 on Christmas Eve.

But I did get an email saying the crosshair logo E2 has shipped.

Now, everybody who came to my house for the Christmas Eve gathering left with a new flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDanWell View Post
    Bought the Acebeam L30 neutral. Absolutely love the light output. Massive flood that throws very far. Rear clicky turbo only - awesome.
    How is the Surefire G2Z ? Kinda thinking about that or a ZL SC600w xhp50 flood
    Any opinions?
    I haven't received the G2Z yet, but it should come tomorrow (tuesday). I wanted to make sure I got to a model before they upped the lumens; I have no use for 800 lumens, so I opted for 650 lumens and a longer run time.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Now, everybody who came to my house for the Christmas Eve gathering left with a new flashlight.
    What did they get? My guess, Maglite AAA.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    For Christmas I gifted myself an Acebeam T21vn Black Flat version, and 3 Zebralight H600FC MK4s, which I would choose the best of the 3 from.

The Zebralights haven't come yet, but the T21vn just makes me giggle everytime I use it.

So your plan is to order 3 identical Zebrlights, open all 3, use all 3, pick 1, and return the other 2 that you used even if there is nothing wrong with them? And ZebraLight can't sell the lights as new anymore, because they've been opened and used?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    So your plan is to order 3 identical Zebrlights, open all 3, use all 3, pick 1, and return the other 2 that you used even if there is nothing wrong with them? And ZebraLight can't sell the lights as new anymore, because they've been opened and used?
    It’s not uncommon for people to buy multiple, then sell or gift the ones not chosen for themselves. Several people have mentioned such plans already, though I can’t recall whom exactly.

I could even see myself doing that, if I had a light that was truly perfect except for the tint.

I both hope and think that most people get that buying three and returning two just for the tint isn’t exactly ideal behavior.

Enlightened

I received a Maratac AA Titanium Nichia. This my first Nichia 219 light and I could easily see the difference in tint and color rendition. Better yellows and reds. I like it. It will be my EDC going forward. I like it.

I was going to post some specs and maybe a link. However, the page has disappeared from the County Comm website. Usually if some thing is Out of Stock it just says that. I have one in my cart and clicked on it and it gave me a 404 page not found error and a search on titanium does not reveal it. It must have been a one time run and they are gone.

I am not affiliated with County Comm in any way except a customer. The light was bought by my family and neither they, nor I have received any remuneration for my comments.

Merry Christmas.

No, my plan is to order 3 identical Zebrlights, open all 3, use all 3, pick 1, and sell the other 2 that I used even if there is nothing wrong with them.

I am a tint snob, I like to get the Cree lights with least green bias in their beams. Others will be happy to receive brand new Zebralights that cost slightly less.

Picked up another polarion abyss dual s for a great price a couple weeks ago.

I got a Klarus XT12GT. Nice little thrower and the 18650 included battery was a nice touch. I got a hankerin' for a headlamp as well so I received a ThruNite TH20. The neutral tint was on the warm side which is exactly what I wanted. Nice amber color and I really think this headlamp is going to turn out to be one of my favorite lights.

Flashaholic*

My father in law gave me this. I have plenty of modern nice flashlights so I rather buy new ones myself so they looked to give me something different. Don't know how old it is but it's pretty old and still works! Cool addition to my collection!

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Me+Light=Addiction View Post

My father in law gave me this. I have plenty of modern nice flashlights so I rather buy new ones myself so they looked to give me something different. Don't know how old it is but it's pretty old and still works! Cool addition to my collection!
    Is it Bakelite? Maybe it was GI in WWII or Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    What did they get? My guess, Maglite AAA.
    A few Solitaire LED models, a PK Knight, some Pelican 2350's I bought in supply, a couple of Maglite ML50's, a Nebo assortment and an Ozark Trail 2x AA my pa-n-law had remarked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Me+Light=Addiction View Post

That is a WW2 era flashlight issued to soldiers and a darn rare one these days. The B was the first plastic model to be issued to soldiers. By Korea the C and D had come out.

GT Price, Eveready, Fulton, US Lite and Bright Star had contracts but Eveready did not make many at all.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-25-2017 at 02:49 PM.

I gave away two Fenix lights..

There was a ZTS Mini under the tree with my name on it!

Emisar D4 in blue and a Black Ds1 for distance, plus 18650 setup since I've never owned a light with this battery. Lots of fun.

Santa gave me and my 8 y/o daughter each a nitecore tini.

I got a Nitecore LA10 mini lantern.

I gave away a jet beam jet-2 mk with a 16340 and charger to my niece who is trying to get into the police academy. This will not be her duty light, just a personal light.

Flashaholic

About 4 years ago I got 3 47's mini aa^2 and kept the best one then gifted the other 2. You shouldn't assume the worst unless specifically stated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast