2017 Holiday Special. Prepper Claus!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
This is the time of year when I deck the shelter in Holiday cheer to draw in Prepper Claus in the hopes of receiving prepping related gifts. But unfortunately He doesn't come to every heated tipi, bush shelter or tent. First he determines if you have been naughty or nice. Nice is prepping and naughty is not. Last year I did a bunch of prepping so he showed up with gifts. This year I have been slack.

1. 50 LB bag of rice.

7qk5u4O.jpg

2. Some Glock mags gotten at a local flea market for 5 dollars each. It was a lucky score as didn't have any 10 round ones. I can't carry an extra 15 round per my state law so needed these.

003PEzM.jpg

3. Watched a few Prepping videos on YouTube.

But I freely admit this is weak sauce in terms of prepping. There is never a guarantee Prepper Claus will show up. He is a bit squirrely by nature. Give this it's often necessary to draw in Prepper Claus beyond just being a good prepper all year. The following steps are highly recommended.

1. Decorate the shelter in Holiday cheer. Like Santa he is nocturnal in nature. I prefer using lights in festive colors as these will be easier to see from his mystic quad or snow mobile depending on local conditions. Nitecore LR30, Fenix CL25R and string 3XAA powered LED lights.

uW3CNOg.jpg

zZ73EuN.jpg

According to legend he comes down the stove pipe and out firebox door. I believe this is a bunch of malarkey as he would most likely use the shelter door but why risk it. No fire and door is wide open. If there is a fire allow the coals to totally burn down before turning in for the night.

EXJokLA.jpg

Santa Claus takes offerings of milk and cookies. It has never been determined if this is a quid pro quo or just a consideration. Prepper Claus wants ammo. Seeing how he is the ultimate prepper it's my feeling this a requirement. I have been slack this year so offered up this speed loader full of the legendary .357 Black Talon in the hopes the offering will be taken into consideration. I am desperate......

orGlwnV.jpg

What does Prepper Claus look like? Based on educated guess, wild speculation, innuendo, supposition and down right lies here is what legend says. He is dressed in a black trench coat with old school woodland camo pants. He wears camo gloves and has Crocs on his feet. Though I have never heard the sound Prepper Claus heralds his arrive with an old rusty cow bell taken from the heartland of rural America. Naturally all of this has never been substantiated in any way.

Full of apprehension over my lackluster prepping this year I turned in for the night praying for a miracle. I left the lights on overnight however the cold killed the batteries. I was really concerned over it.

lvdxK6z.jpg

Then to my surprise the speed loader was gone and in it's place were these gifts!!!!!

0TrffCG.jpg

OMG!!! Exactly what I wanted!!!! But how could Prepper Claus know?

zxTNig6.jpg

A black G2 new in shop worn package isn't exactly something readily available but wanted one for a Malkoff LED upgrade. The Lii100 is available but not in the local B&M. The last one is the kicker. How could he possibly know about the Spalted Pecan Burl bearing block. I noticed it for sale on a forum but didn't have the money. Check again and it was sold. What a bummer....

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/bearing-blocks-bowdrill-sockets-turned-woods-12-18-17.212382/

Being totally shocked this exact one of a kinda item was gifted by Prepper Claus I looked again at the sales thread. I didn't post in that thread yet there were two post under my handle. I check my email and there was no PayPal invoice sent. I checked PayPal seeing an invoice but in a blink of my eyes that info vanished as if someone detected me opening the page then deleted it. I didn't order or pay for the item. I wanted it but money was tight at the time. I suspect that's how he knows what everyone wants. He hacks into your computer or mobile device to see what you're looking at. Not magic as Google does it all the time. He then uses that info to order the stuff you need using your accounts. As I didn't pay for these things he most likely hacks the money from terrorist groups or rich drug cartels. Like a prepping Robin Hood. Then all he needs to do is intercept the packages. Basically negating much the infrastructure Santa requires to do the same basic job. Prepper Claus is a crafty one!!!

Here is a video version of the above post.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or whatever you're into!!!! The Walker.

scout24

Flashaholic
A speedloader full of Black Talon? WOW!!! I see it paid off, though. Haven't seen real Black Talon in years. Hen's teeth. Kinda like .38 Nyclad in that regard... Ho, Ho, Ho... :)

Woods Walker

A speedloader full of Black Talon? WOW!!! I see it paid off, though. Haven't seen real Black Talon in years. Hen's teeth. Kinda like .38 Nyclad in that regard... Ho, Ho, Ho... :)

Yea I got those blue Nyclad as well but didn't want to risk anything give the sorry state of my preps this year. Better to go magnum.

Woods Walker

I couldn't run the stove as a precaution (which turned out to be malarkey) in case he showed up. But now I can.

bR53eFi.jpg

xefuaaD.jpg

V7J67cc.jpg

8ZV9nX6.jpg

MRCCnnK.jpg

9eeLBnU.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
More like now you have to if you were out last night! 11° for dog walking this morning. Our Chihuahua mix wasn't amused... Hope you stayed warm!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when you could find Black Talons at gun shows now they are as rare as hens teeth. I wonder how they compare to more modern cartridges...

We carried them for a little while in nj until I shot up my wool coat at the range and they didn't penetrate. So the powers that be went with 147 grain subsonic rounds. I was ecstatic until I realized we weren't getting silencers