Is This 10440 a Flat-Top Battery?

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
I recently ordered some EBL 10440 batteries from Amazon (here). Once I received them, I realized they were flat-top and would not work in my Reylight Mini (until I added a glob of solder to the + terminal). I reviewed this battery on Amazon and included a photo showing these are flat-top. The photo you see below is the same photo in the review.

I then received a response from from EBL (via Amazon) stating that (snippet):

our batteries are not flat top batteries

Did I get my terminology right? Sure looks like a flat top. Not sure why a 10440 would need to be a flat-top?

2ucph3y0a27ja8t6g.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The EBL shown in that pic are flat top to my eyes.
Now some flat tops can actually have enough on them to make contact(call it a slightly raised flat top).

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
I replied to the message from EBL and they have conceded that it is indeed a flat-top battery. Now EBL states that the Soshine is an AAA battery - I think implying it's not a fair comparison.

Now I'll inform them that the side of the Soshine clearly says "Li-Ion 3.7V Rechargeable" - and that it's unfortunate that Soshine chose to stamp their 10440 with "AAA", which merely confuses the issue. But the Soshine is a 10440.

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EBL shown in that pic are flat top to my eyes.
Now some flat tops can actually have enough on them to make contact(call it a slightly raised flat top).

Compare to the product images below from the Amazon page. There is no standard for "button top" so caveat emptor.

bst76.png
raiXW.png

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
The Efest IMR 10440 is considered a Flat top but it is raised a bit. Works fine in my key chain lights that do NOT have a raised[or spring] positive contact.

EFEST_10440.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
No "copy-paste" of private eMails posted in open forum on CPF please

It is not appropriate for any member of CandlePowerForums to post and/or quote in the open forums any part of a private communication that is authored by someone other than themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, emails and private messages....

Paraphrasing and/or presenting a condensed version (summary) of private communications is perfectly acceptable

@terryoregon - please edit your above posts, to comply with Rule 12

Thank you in advance