SunwayLED        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrunite TC20

Default Thrunite TC20

Anybody else get a email about the new thrunite TC20? 3800 lumens using a 26650 battery. I may get a NW version. Looks like a nice light.
    http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tc2...en-flashlight/

Default Re: Thrunite TC20

Looks like a great combination of power, size and price. Comes with a battery too. At 20% off at launch it seems like a really great option.

I ordered one at the 20% discount, in neutral white. I wish the high and turbo had been a bit lower, though. ~1200 and ~2500lm had been more useful because the gap between 320 and 1800lm is too big in my opinion.
    Last edited by Swedpat; 12-27-2017 at 03:26 PM.

As far as I know Thrunite always was realistic in its products output evaluation. They write OTF, not LED lumens. And they drive their lights close to the limit (modding adds not too much in performance area).

I ordered one in neutral white. Got the 20% discount as well.

Just ordered one in NW for only $72.00 with the 20% off. I tried to also get a TN42 but they are sold out in the U.S. so I settled for a TN40S in NW.

Flashaholic*

Default Thrunite TC20

Quote Originally Posted by ncvarmint2016 View Post
    Anybody else get a email about the new thrunite TC20? 3800 lumens using a 26650 battery. I may get a NW version. Looks like a nice light.
    http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tc2...en-flashlight/
    No, I did not see any emails about the Thrunite TC20. I have been giving some thought to an LED flashlight that uses a 26650 battery. This could be a good choice. I might be inclined to get a 26650 light with more throw, however. I may have to do some searching and see if the Manker U21 is currently the king of 26650 throwers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JAS View Post
    No, I did not see any emails about the Thrunite TC20. I have been giving some thought to an LED flashlight that uses a 26650 battery. This could be a good choice. I might be inclined to get a 26650 light with more throw, however. I may have to do some searching and see if the Manker U21 is currently the king of 26650 throwers these days.
    I know it is modded,,,however,My Manker U21vn XPL is 1700 lumen/260Kcd. W/the OSLON Black flat it is 800 lumen/465Kcd. V54 did not update the XPL numbers once he posted the Oslon numbers.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54...-26650-thrower
    Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. Capolini-11.27.2017
    Physical beauty temporarily satisfies the eye. Inner beauty is eternal and nurtures the soul. Capolini-7.23.2017

Thumbs up Re: Thrunite TC20

Yes I highly recommend the U21vn. VinhNguyen54 has progressed leaps and bounds in the past one year. Every single one of his products is a winner and then some.

I will soon be receiving the XSvn. Every serious field man needs Vinhís most advanced no spill spotter. It is the best illumination tool I am aware of that will light beyond a thick windshield with minimal light spill blowback, a distraction problem that exists on every conventional flashlight no matter how throwy. But on Vinhís newest XSvn with Oslon Black LED, spotting and scanning beyond even a Boeing 747-400 windshield for the correct runway markers is no problem with Vinhís newest XSvn. Highly recommended supplemental safety illumination tool.
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 12-27-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Ordered mine yesterday to replace the Olight R50 Seeker I picked up over Black Friday. Found out I really don't like it. 50 lumen low mode is way too bright especially taking the dongs out at 5AM. Looking forward to the TC20.

Yup, don't want it too bright when you take the dong out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Johnson View Post
    Thatís only a problem where Vinh comes from. A thief might be waiting to snatch your dong while itís in your hands at the thuong truong
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Crazy Re: Thrunite TC20

Oh dear, need to proof read. Ether way, dong, dog, you just don't want too much light.

This looks like it is going to be one of Thrunites greatest hits since the TN4A. The TC20 is a Olight R50 3800 XHP 70 at $40 less the price of the Olight. The real kick in the rear? My new VERY expensive full R50 LE Kit uses the XHP70 and the Thrinite uses the more sophisticated XHP70.2 emitter. The Thrunite is going to have much better beam quality.

Well, my expensive R50 LE Kit does have one awesome charging set up. BUT...is the TC20 thermally regulated? The product page says nothing about that. Thrunites awesome side switch UI with the voltage level indicator in the center like that is SO perfect. The holster the TC20 comes with is vastly superior to my expensive R50.
    Last edited by CelticCross74; 12-30-2017 at 01:44 AM.

I have one on order too. This will be my first 26650 light. Sounds like it will compare, performance wise, to my 2016 Thrunite mini TN 30 in range at 320 meters...and a hair brighter. But in a more compact size. The 320 lumen mode is probably it's highest mode without getting hot. And that"s fine. Great run time at that level as well at 10+ hours. Will see how well they work when they start to roll in. I have been very pleased with all my Thrunites so far. No failures.
    Last edited by Badbeams3; 12-29-2017 at 11:00 PM.

I ordered mine too. Should be a nice little light.
    This will replace my DN70. I like gaining a switch you can easily find/feel and a lanyard attachment. I will miss the OLED display.

The run time on high vs turbo seems off.
    Going from high to turbo nets more than a 100% increase in brightness, but only a 10% decrease in battery life. Does Turbo step down due to heat?

-Turbo (3800 lumen; 130 minutes)
    -High (1800 lumen; 145 minutes)
    -Medium (320 lumen; 10.2 hrs)

-Low (38 lumen; 46 hrs)
    -Firefly (0.5 lumen; 37 days)
    -Strobe (2280 lumen; 180 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by offroadcmpr View Post
    Going from high to turbo nets more than a 100% increase in brightness, but only a 10% decrease in battery life. Does Turbo step down due to heat?

-Low (38 lumen; 46 hrs)
    I'm pretty sure both turbo and high will drop down to something lower...700ish lumens as a guess. Unless Thrunite has found some magic way to cool the light. Simply not enough mass to dissipate the amount of heat...

-Low (38 lumen; 46 hrs)
    Logically thinking it should step down after a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    I have one on order too. This will be my first 26650 light. Sounds like it will compare, performance wise, to my 2016 Thrunite mini TN 30 in range at 320 meters...and a hair brighter. But in a more compact size. The 320 lumen mode is probably it's highest mode without getting hot. And that"s fine. Great run time at that level as well at 10+ hours. Will see how well they work when they start to roll in. I have been very pleased with all my Thrunites so far. No failures.
    My TN12 will thermally sustain higher than 320 lumens and that has a much smaller head. Thrunite seems to be good with thermal management. I suspect they used a value that represents a typical use case.

-Low (38 lumen; 46 hrs)

The technical specs are highly misleading because they are according to ANSI-NEMA standard which means the runtime is measured until output is 10% of initial. Likely gathered regulated runtime at high mode of 1800lm I guess is 40-50min and 15-20min at turbomode. Therefore I think the levels are unnecessary high. But I may underrate the efficiency of the XHP 70 2nd gen LED; is it much higher than MT-G2, anyone who knows?
    Last edited by Swedpat; 12-30-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Looks like the button might be raised a bit. Might be a little problem for some. I always twist the tail cap for total lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    The technical specs are highly misleading because they are according to ANSI-NEMA standard which means the runtime is measured until output is 10% of initial. Likely gathered regulated runtime at high mode of 1800lm I guess is 40-50min and 15-20min at turbomode. Therefore I think the levels are unnecessary high. But I may underrate; I don't know the efficiency of the XHP 70 2nd gen LED; is it much higher than MT-G2, anyone who knows?
    Your suggesting it could sustain 1800 lumens for 45ish minutes? I wouldn't count on that. I'm thinking turbo for maybe 3ish minutes...high for perhaps 5~6 ish. Then run at some much lower level as is common for compact high lumen lights.

Your suggesting it could sustain 1800 lumens for 45ish minutes? I wouldn't count on that. I'm thinking turbo for maybe 3ish minutes...high for perhaps 5~6 ish. Then run at some much lower level as is common for compact high lumen lights.
    I don't know but I base my thought about Fenix PD40 MT-G2 which is measured to around 1,5hours at 1000lm so if the XHP 70 2nd gen is at least as efficient I think it's a fair guess. Therefore I wonder about how efficient XHP 70 2nd gen is compared to MT-G2. In my opinion a light should provide at least 1hour at the next highest mode and therefore I think the high and turbo mode of TC20 are unnecessary high. I am looking forward to some review with runtime graph. If TC20 can't provide more than a few minutes even at high mode it's a big drawback and I will use TC20 mostly at the 320lm mid mode as a tailstanding indoors light...
    Anyway the price is great with 20% discount.
    Last edited by Swedpat; 12-30-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    I don't know but I base my thought about Fenix PD40 MT-G2 which is measured to around 1,5hours at 1000lm so if the XHP 70 2nd gen is at least as efficient I think it's a fair guess. Therefore I wonder about how efficient XHP 70 2nd gen is compared to MT-G2. In my opinion a light should provide at least 1hour at the next highest mode and therefore I think the high and turbo mode of TC20 are unnecessary high. I am looking forward to some review with runtime graph. If TC20 can't provide more than a few minutes even at high mode it's a big drawback and I will use TC20 mostly at the 320lm mid mode as a tailstanding indoors light...
    Anyway the price is great with 20% discount.
    I do think they should have had added a mode in between 320 and 1800. Something sustainable without overheating...but brighter than 320. Maybe 600 to 700ish for example.

The whole goal of this light is massive power so the level of high and medium are just right i think, especially that its very floody. 1800lm floody is the same or even less brighr than a 1000lm xpl hi
    I also expect 1800lm forever without stepdown. Thrunite = very serious shit.
    Its gonna fight mt tn4a, my most versatile light so far (can also run forever without stepdown)
    Last edited by totobel; 12-30-2017 at 03:26 PM.

It sounds like this light has ramping UI. I suspect the runtimes at predefined levels is just for reference.
    That would be great. If it can't sustain 1,800, you could lower it just a bit.

It sounds like this light has ramping UI. I suspect the runtimes at predefined levels is just for reference.
    That would be great. If it can't sustain 1,800, you could lower it just a bit.
    There is nothing on the product page to indicate that the TC20 has a ramping UI. Looking at the page, the UI seems to be the current Thrunite UI.

• Turn ON/OFF
      Single click the switch to turn the light on and off.
    • To Change Modes:
      When the light is on, long press the side switch to cycle through low, medium and high.
      Shortcut to firefly: When the light is off, long press the side switch to get firefly mode.
      Double click to turn to turbo from any mode. Another double click to get strobe.
    Click Here to view my lights

I see. It says long press to cycle through low/medium/high. That's not ramping. It's the same interface as the TN4A. My mistake.

I do think they should have had added a mode in between 320 and 1800. Something sustainable without overheating...but brighter than 320. Maybe 600 to 700ish for example.

I absolutely agree with that. Well; if TC20 puts out 1800lm for an hour I will be very happy! ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast