RMSK, Inc.        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thrunite TC20

Default Re: Thrunite TC20

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    That's good indeed. It definitely makes this light very useful. Then the question is if the high mode really is ~1800lm and what runtime it could be. I would like that it actually had been significantly lower for the sake of runtime and heat issues.
    Yea, they really should have added a 700ish level. I can say the light does not heat up at all on 320...runs great, staying surprisingly cool.

700lm doesnt look twice as bright as 350 lumens, its not linear for the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by totobel View Post
    700lm doesnt look twice as bright as 350 lumens, its not linear for the eyes
    True, think I have read it takes 3X. We are focused on a max brightness level without heating the battery and electronics.

I sprayed just a hair of WD-40 in the head and tailcap/spring area. And cleaned N greased the threads. The light is now working very well on high and turbo. Can now see a noticable difference between the two levels...and no flickering and red light. Starting to like this bright little light. Also thinking the 38 lumen 46 hour runtime level could be very useful should the power go out for an extended time...as can happen occasionally down here in Florida from storms. Makes for a nice ceiling bounce room light level.

Can it keep the high level forever without stepdown ?

Quote Originally Posted by totobel View Post
    Can it keep the high level forever without stepdown ?
    Apparently, according to this review. I have not tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V4AqgZOKvg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123