The Fenix-Store        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thrunite TC20

Default Re: Thrunite TC20

Hi all. Came to this thread for a bit of help with a charging issue. My original TC20 was charging fine (I think) but after a few weeks the button light wouldn稚 turn any colour when the usb was plugged in. I had it replaced very quickly by ThruNite, however the replacement has exactly the same issue. I知 sure I知 doing everything right (white cap removed, head & tail screwed tightly, cable working in other devices etc) but I知 new to flashlights. Is this a common issue? Is there a simple solution?

Just ordered a TC20, first new light in 5 years! Looks like a great all-around light to modernize my fleet.
    Emisar D4vn, D4S, Thrunite TC20, Cat V6, TN11, D40Avn, Jetbeam BC20

I致e loved mine! Definitely a good all-around light.

Quote Originally Posted by Rholder View Post
    Hi all. Came to this thread for a bit of help with a charging issue. My original TC20 was charging fine (I think) but after a few weeks the button light wouldn稚 turn any colour when the usb was plugged in. I had it replaced very quickly by ThruNite, however the replacement has exactly the same issue. I知 sure I知 doing everything right (white cap removed, head & tail screwed tightly, cable working in other devices etc) but I知 new to flashlights. Is this a common issue? Is there a simple solution?
    I have a similar issue, mine turns red and charges, but the light just goes out when it's done - Does not turn blue like it's supposed to. Hoping it's ok.
    Emisar D4vn, D4S, Thrunite TC20, Cat V6, TN11, D40Avn, Jetbeam BC20

I've been playing with mine for several days now. Turbo mode doesn't work, either no go or drops down within a second or so, along with a brief red flash of the button LED (otherwise blue). The inner spring of the dual in the tailcap was broken off on arrival as well.

It's pretty bright on high at least.
    New favorites: ZebraLight SC63, Olight S1 Mini Baton High CRI

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I've been playing with mine for several days now. Turbo mode doesn't work, either no go or drops down within a second or so, along with a brief red flash of the button LED (otherwise blue). The inner spring of the dual in the tailcap was broken off on arrival as well.

It's pretty bright on high at least.
    My TC20 drops down a bit after a few seconds at turbomode. 3800lm simply is too much for a single 26650. But I am very satisfied with high mode of 1800lm which can hold for 1,5hours or so. TN30 2016 works better for higher output(3000lm + for one hour). But it is powered by 4x18650s which means much more capacity than single 26650, also better heat dissipation with the larger head and mass.
    Last edited by Swedpat; 11-06-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    My TC20 drops down a bit after a few seconds at turbomode. 3800lm simply is too much for a single 26650. But I am very satisfied with high mode of 1800lm which can hold for 1,5hours or so. TN30 2016 works better for higher output(3000lm + for one hour). But it is powered by 4x18650s which means much more capacity than single 26650, also better heat dissipation with the larger head and mass.
    I just ordered an Orbtronic 5750mah IMR 26650, maybe that will help...

I went back and forth with some 26650 or quad 18650 with this purchase...never bought a light 'larger' than 1x18650 before...need a thrower now...Thrunite catapault v6 nw to stay with 26650 form factor like this TC20 or really go big with a Fenix TK75 2018 edition 4x18650. My decision may be swayed by the results of this Orbtronic IMR battery in the TC20
    New favorites: ZebraLight SC63, Olight S1 Mini Baton High CRI

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I just ordered an Orbtronic 5750mah IMR 26650, maybe that will help...

I went back and forth with some 26650 or quad 18650 with this purchase...never bought a light 'larger' than 1x18650 before...need a thrower now...Thrunite catapault v6 nw to stay with 26650 form factor like this TC20 or really go big with a Fenix TK75 2018 edition 4x18650. My decision may be swayed by the results of this Orbtronic IMR battery in the TC20
    It will surely work better at turbomode with a high drain battery. I use Keeppower 6000mAh which has only 10A capacity but it's enough for high mode.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234