• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: vintage Maglites, 4C, 5C, 7C

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Maglites

Thanks bykfixer. That does look like a good site.

I think I saw your name on some of the Maglite threads I was breezing through. Surely you must have some old beater C lights or some interesting old banged up specimens to sell to the new guy for great deal, don't you?? Because you probably have some cool stuff on the top shelf. ;) Haha, I collect various different vintage items, and if you're like me, I never feel like I have enough to sell or trade off.

Thanks for replying.

JT ............... wouldn't mind pickin' up a Jade Green something something along the way if they're not too rare.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Thanks bykfixer. That does look like a good site.

I think I saw your name on some of the Maglite threads I was breezing through. Surely you must have some old beater C lights or some interesting old banged up specimens to sell to the new guy for great deal, don't you?? Because you probably have some cool stuff on the top shelf. ;) Haha, I collect various different vintage items, and if you're like me, I never feel like I have enough to sell or trade off.

Thanks for replying.

JT ............... wouldn't mind pickin' up a Jade Green something something along the way if they're not too rare.

Surprisingly I don't have many Maglites. Really. But member Lift4R is the Maglite guru.

Well I have a slew of minimags, but not many of the big boys. I have 1 beater 2D from the early 90's with the other couple in minty fresh condition. I have 2 C sized that are modified. One is a 2x18500 with a 4 cell bulb that kicks out light like a 6 cell.... and one that uses hi-flow 18650's, low restistance parts and a Pelican bulb that kicks out about a thousand lumens. Oh and a 4C like my mom had when I was a kid.

I'll get Lift'd to pop in....he restores old beaters and may have a few he would part with. If not he'll know where to point you...

Guitar Guy

Enlightened

Hey, those sound like pretty cool lights, esp the modified Cs. I like the C lights a got, and recently got my first ... 3C and 6C.

I actually did connect with Lift'd right before the holidays, and he hooked me up with a 6D and a dark green 2D, and has answered some questions. His Maglite history blog is how I figured out how to date them and spot the changes.

I've been finding a few, and getting a few decent ones through the auction sites. Not sure how far I'll take it. Hoping to not get the desire for a 7D. :eek:

JT

Guitar Guy

Enlightened

I've been finding a few decent Maglites recently, and narrowing my search. Thanks to those who have helped.

Currently looking for a 5C, does not need to be mint.

Also interested in uncommon colors, etched company logos, older D and C models.

JT

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump for a cool dude!! I'm probably going to let my 7C go soon to fund some other lights.

Also, I'll send ya some contact info for a guy I know that has a bunch of NIB 6Cs. I think he wants the going rate which is around $200.