Charger question

Jbraman

Newly Enlightened
Somehow I lost my freaking Nitecore d4! I also have an Efest bluetooth 6 Bay charger but i want to get back up to two possibly three chargers. I use basically all types and sizes of batteries. Is there one that will discharge my batteries to a storage level? Should i get another d4? Or an opus? Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I lost my freaking Nitecore d4! I also have an Efest bluetooth 6 Bay charger but i want to get back up to two possibly three chargers. I use basically all types and sizes of batteries. Is there one that will discharge my batteries to a storage level? Should i get another d4? Or an opus? Thanks!

Opus BT-3100/3400, Liitokala Lil 500 Engineer, SkyRC MC3000, Xtar Dragon and some others.

I've got a BT-3400 v. 2.2 and can't complain. If you drill a whole in the bottom, to access the 3.8/4.35 slider switch, it'll charge just about anything up, we can throw at it.

Chris

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
Here is some info to help with your decision.

If you want to bring a LiIon battery to storage voltage using the Opus, you can do this. First do a straight discharge. I do it at 500mA, when it finishes the batteries are at about 3.1V, then I do a charge with the voltage switch set for 3.7V or the LiFePO4 setting. When the charger finishes your batteries are at 3.7V, just right for storage. You would not be able to do this on both the Liitokala Lil 500 Engineer and the Xtar Dragon because both don't support LiFePO4 cell charging.

The MC3000 is in it's own league. It has a true storage mode where it will charge or discharge at whatever current you set in order to reach whatever target voltage you set.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Here is some info to help with your decision.

If you want to bring a LiIon battery to storage voltage using the Opus, you can do this. First do a straight discharge. I do it at 500mA, when it finishes the batteries are at about 3.1V, then I do a charge with the voltage switch set for 3.7V or the LiFePO4 setting. When the charger finishes your batteries are at 3.7V, just right for storage. You would not be able to do this on both the Liitokala Lil 500 Engineer and the Xtar Dragon because both don't support LiFePO4 cell charging.

The MC3000 is in it's own league. It has a true storage mode where it will charge or discharge at whatever current you set in order to reach whatever target voltage you set.

Same could be done with a D4. I don't need a device to discharge my batteries. I do just fine using them so if I need to charge to 3.7 storage just pick the 3.7V option on the D4 for that slot.