Individual Charger for AAA Batteries?

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a basic charger for AAA batts. I need it to be able to charge batteries individually. I only need it to have four slots. I'm not looking for top of the line, just a basic, reliable charger. I just bought the EBL-907, which looked pretty good, but it won't charge my batteries. As soon as I put a AAA in the slot, it flashes error. It will charge AA batts without a problem, but I really need to be able to charge AAA. Thanks for any help.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1, the BQ-CC17 is a good basic AAA/AA charger.

+2. I've got a few of those BQ-CC17 chargers, that usually come bundled with Eneloops at Costco. It's a great charger, and has never failed to properly charge any of my Eneloops. It does AAA and AA, 4 individual slots.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
+3 on the BQ-CC17

Looks perfect for charging my Eneloops. I just ordered it on Amazon.

Thanks!

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
+4 on the BQ-CC17. All four batteries get charged individually and have individual peak detection, so if you are mixing cell sizes or even brands or two different batteries that where used in different lights and are therefore at different levels of charge the charger will work perfectly. Also, it's refreshing to see a charger that charges with a lower charge rate which is better for the cells rather than the always more and more popular "fast chargers"

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I use three main chargers for my various NiMH AA and AAA batteries. The first is a Duracell CEF23 which has been awesome since I purchased it several years ago. Having been included with various sets of eneloop batteries purchased from Costco, I also have a Panasonic BQ-CC17 and BQ-CC55. All three seem to work really well. One day I'll get a better charger, but these have done me right so far with a lot of use in a lot of different devices, toys for the kids, lights, etc.

TwiceFuzed

Newly Enlightened
I have 1 BQ-CC17 that I bought on Amazon, came with 4 aa 2000mah (1900 min) white eneloops for ~$18. I like it a lot so I ordered another one, they're a little slow but they get the job done and suit my needs. The charger and batteries costs less than they sell the charger for individually.

This is what I bought, twice. LINK
You can also get the same charger in black with 4 eneloop pros for a few dollars more: here

dgbrookman

Newly Enlightened
If you want to go "cheap and cheerful" you could get the LiitoKala Lii 402. Forum regular HKJ reviews its little brother the LiitoKala Lii 202 at http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?425279-Test-review-of-Charger-LiitoKala-Lii-202

I have a couple of the 202 chargers and like them. I strongly suspect (but do not know for certain) that the 402 is essentially two of the 202 units in a single package. The 402 can sometimes be bought on a special sale for as little as $7 or so.