EAGTAC        
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2018

Default Re: The Lounge 2018

Im not clever enough to explain why. Hopefully someone will jump in to help out. But that is the correct formula to use. 4.5 million candela is right
    Torchaholic

Just for example based on vinhs 1.1mcd GT with 2098m throw.
    If you divide 1.1 million by 10 you get 110000 candela
    2098m divided by 10 is 209 metres
    110000 candela provides alot more then 209 metres of throw

But 2098 divided by 2 is 1049
    1049 x 1049= 1100401
    So it works. Just dont know how
    Torchaholic

Because light is losing lux with square root.

I can not explain it well or with right words but to double throw, you need to get 4x candlea/lux.

100lux = 20m
    200lux = 28,3m
    400lux = 40m

This is with the ANSI standard, i think it is 0,25lux at throw distance.

So GTvn is 1,75mil lux = 2645 meter (root of 1,75mil * 2)
    To get double throw, 5290m, you need 6,99mil lux (2645*2645).

Correct me if im wrong.

Ok I get it now... sort of. I mean, I knew that doubling the lumen output certainly would not double the candela, but I did assume that doubling the candela WOULD double the throw. I just checked several lights at Sky Lumen and clearly that is not the case. So the LX70 Superpower does in fact have 4.5Mcd... I guess. lol

Which sucks because I was thinking/hoping that the GTvn90 would come close to matching the Superpower. But, with 7000 lumens and that giant reflector, I should have known that was impossible.

Fyi I'm really looking forward to the LX70vn!!

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Ok I get it now... sort of. I mean, I knew that doubling the lumen output certainly would not double the candela, but I did assume that doubling the candela WOULD double the throw. I just checked several lights at Sky Lumen and clearly that is not the case. So the LX70 Superpower does in fact have 4.5Mcd... I guess. lol

Which sucks because I was thinking/hoping that the GTvn90 would come close to matching the Superpower. But, with 7000 lumens and that giant reflector, I should have known that was impossible.
    I would love an LX70vn. That thing looks like it can really throw!!!
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 03-12-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Me too! That reflector is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by search_and_rescue View Post
    Me too! That reflector is huge!
    Me three

This is so gnarly

Ooo Re: The Lounge 2018

Wow Thank you very much wimmer!

Wow wimmer the XeVision(R) LEMAX LX70 is iconic and a big congratulations! 🎉
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 03-12-2018 at 09:49 PM.

I don't have one. PayPal sent was a joke. The LX70vn doesn't exist and never will.

I don't have one. PayPal sent was a joke. The LX70vn doesn't exist and never will.
    You got me real good! I love it! That is the level of dedication, loyalty and support I am willing to show in the Vinhnguyen54 forum.
    Last edited by search_and_rescue; 03-12-2018 at 11:10 PM.

You guys are talking about acebeam x70 right.

No we were talking about HID lights.

When I receive my next one-off Sky Lumen light I am going to treat it like a shelf queen. The technology has leaped forward so much, and Vinhís lights keep getting more beautiful. Iíve been acting eccentric and using flashlights instead of turning on my household lamp. This is no good. Flashlights are not meant to act as primary illumination! I will turn on my Cool White LED household lamp now. When my one-off Sky Lumen torch arrives, itís going to be a shelf queen!

I would never go rattling around a Gem Uncirculated vintage coin. I need to treat my next masterpiece Sky Lumen flashlight as a shelf queen if iím comparing its awesomeness and beauty to the 1933 Saint Gaudens twenty!

You cant really compare manufactures numbers with real numbers that people measure and put up here. Manufacturers lie alot with specs. I highly doubt they get 4,5Mcd from it before i see a lux-meter i front of it. Do you know if anyone measured it?

No no no Edward sky lumen flashlights are for using at all times! Certainly instead of house hold lighting, any excuse to use is good! You invest in your v54, you have to enjoy them. Shelf queens are ornaments, v54 are tools of light. Enjoy them all Edward , thatís what they are there for and life is too short as it is.

Eccentric is cool

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    No no no Edward sky lumen flashlights are for using at all times! Certainly instead of house hold lighting, any excuse to use is good! You invest in your v54, you have to enjoy them. Shelf queens are ornaments, v54 are tools of light. Enjoy them all Edward , thatís what they are there for and life is too short as it is.

Eccentric is cool
    thanks ven

Quote Originally Posted by search_and_rescue View Post
    thanks ven

I admire and have learned a lot of important attributes from Vinh. I used to buy and sell valuable PCGS graded coins online. Where I failed miserably was refusing to cancel a sale at a winning bidders request. Itís not the act itself is such a bad thing but rather the act indicated a lack of flexibility and imagination that brings down the House. Splat like I deserved.

So what iím writing here is: Vinh rocks!!! There are other great, amazing, tremendous people like him too. I want to be THAT. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Vinh sure rocks, one of the most genuine people i know, with a huge HUGE heart.

Edward, you can be anything you want to be, determination and inner strength helps. If you get knocked down, stand right back up again. Learn from mistakes and treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you will be where ever you desire.

Usually the ones holding ourselves back are.................ourselves.

If anyone has experience evicting a tenant please send me an email. I need some advice :-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com
    Thankssssssssssssssss
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    If anyone has experience evicting a tenant please send me an email. I need some advice :-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com
    Thankssssssssssssssss
    dang, thats one way to end an engagement!

Iím going to take night beamshots of GTvn90 shining 800 meters in city streetlight conditions. From the roof of a parking structure next to a freeway toward the tallest office building 1/2 mile ďup the street.Ē This is going to be in the city and not a pitch black area like a mountain park. If a beam shows and/or obvious illumination of target can be seen in the picture, we will all know this GTvn90 is the real deal. I am going on Amazon and buying the camera, SD card, tripod, and Apple camera adapter now. Itís happening baby!

This is very exciting for me personally because this distance is a formidable one. I canít tell you the times iíve stood looking and thinking ďyes that treeĒ ďfor sure up to the intersectionĒ ďbeginning of the parkĒ but you have another block to the tower. Thereís no way! Impossible! We can imagine it (but thatís it; canít happen in real life; ďLEDís are not meant for throw.Ē)

^^You are a true flashaholic!

Hey SAR, itís happening baby! One of the best comment.. lol. Why do you want to try 800 meters?? you know both of our xsvn oslon flat can hit 1100 meters...

1200 meters bro..

Iíve found punch beam distance is something like 1/4th to 1/3rd of the ANSI FL-1 beam distance. Not in the desert or mountains, not even city outskirts or dark neighborhood street, but in the middle of city streetlights and lit up homes. I tried this a year ago with the power-boosted TN42vn Spec 1. Not enough lumens. Surprisingly, the stock X65 beam reached it but Iím looking for more intensity. The GTvn90 on paper has both. It should be the first LED flashlight that one can purchase with the click of a button (from Vinh), that will punch a target at 800 meters and not just faintly, softly touch it.

Canon G9X Mark II is the cheapest camera I could find for the job. Unfortunately itís $449. I think I wil try it with my iPhone 6 camera first... LOL 😝

Hey sAr, can you show me a photo of your xsvn, and fenix ld50vn taken together.

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Hey sAr, can you show me a photo of your xsvn, and fenix ld50vn taken together.
    3rd and 4th from left:

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast