RMSK, Inc.        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Default Lumintop BLF GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Measured 1.1Mcd :-)
    Lumen: Not sure as light is too big for my sphere Hahaha

Throw is AMAZING
    Hot spot is wide with great corona at intended distance
    Tint looks 4000K to my eyes, warm for my taste
    Perfect beam profile with no artifacts (LED 100% centered)
    Build quality is Excellent, likely Lumintop best so far
    Weight in at 4.5lbs with cells - too heavy for a Single LED light
    Balance weight
    Body diameter is too thick. TK75 is perfect for my small wrist.
    Slippery knurlings
    Reflector is close to perfect
    Relatively wide spill
    Reflector is relatively shallow compared to diameter (I LIKE!!!)
    LED 100% centered
    Average quality battery carrier
    Grooves on head do little to prevent light from rolling
    Minimal prints keep lights elegant

Did the light meet my expectations in terms of real life performance? Yes! If I can disregard the weight then this light is just plain Amazing! Even at $250-$300 (groupbuy price of ~$150 is a STEAL) I would still recommend this light if throw is very important to you. Just be mindful that the light is at least as big and much heavier than the hype.

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 01-02-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    People loves throw because the grass is greener on the other side...Flood lights cant reach the other side ;-)
    Email
    /Paypal/Subscribe: SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Lumintop GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Awesome pics ,especially the pet ones. This is going to be a crazy beast!

Flashaholic*

alright !!
    that thing is a beast aint it !
    cant wait for the mods to begin

GTvn90 in 5500K please :-)

I love this pic

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    At what distance?
    One of the posts suggested 20m+ was necessary to get the top reading.

Default Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

1st impression and game plan to come ;-)

How much will BLF GTvnCat cost vs BLF GTvnDog? Because I think GTvnDog has to be worth more...

To me the Dog looks very Unimpressed but the Cat seems to be Curious to its potential
    K40Mvn (5k/4k domed/dedome) SR52vn(PDTn/PDTw) P15vn P16vn(PDTw) P12(PDTc) SRT6vn(PDTc) PD35vn(2c domed/PDTn) TX25C2vn V2T S200C2vn(PDTn) TK61(PDTc) LD50vn (PDT)
    M2Xvn (PDTsw) MX25L3 (4k) TN32(PDTc) TN36vn(dedome)

Lumen: Not sure as light is too big for my sphere Hahaha

Throw is AMAZING
    Hot spot is wide with great corona at intended distance
    Tint looks 4000K to my eyes, warm for my taste
    Perfect beam profile with no artifacts (LED 100% centered)
    Build quality is Excellent, likely Lumintop best so far
    Weight in at 4.5lbs with cells - too heavy for a Single LED light
    Balance weight
    Body diameter is too thick. TK75 is perfect for my small wrist.
    Slippery knurlings
    Reflector is close to perfect
    Relatively wide spill
    Reflector is relatively shallow compared to diameter (I LIKE!!!)
    LED 100% centered
    Average quality battery carrier
    Grooves on head do little to prevent light from rolling
    Minimal prints keep lights elegant

Did the light meet my expectations in terms of real life performance? Yes! If I can disregard the weight then this light is just plain Amazing! Even at $250-$300 (groupbuy price of ~$150 is a STEAL) I would still recommend this light if throw is very important to you. Just be mindful that the light is at least as big and much heavier than the hype.
    People loves throw because the grass is greener on the other side...Flood lights cant reach the other side ;-)
    Email

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bdm82 View Post
    At what distance?
    One of the posts suggested 20m+ was necessary to get the top reading.

this is what i got with my gt, at 10 meters

I think Vinh measures all his lights at 7 meters if I'm not mistaken. At 10 or above meters this light should register more Lux.

Drooling over the possible numbers from Black Flat and CFT90 variants.

I honestly think this light performance is Excellent from the factory. For $200-$300 it just make sense. $150 is giving this light away haha.

An upgraded version of this light requires New CFT90 LED, Circuitry, Major carrier mods...Prices will be astronomical (at least from me) so I don't know...

So...yes...Buy this light stock. You will love it! There will be no regrets. Lumintop did an excellent job!
    Email

Flashaholic*

I honestly think this light performance is Excellent from the factory. For $200-$300 it just make sense. $150 is giving this light away haha.

An upgraded version of this light requires New CFT90 LED, Circuitry, Major carrier mods...Prices will be astronomical (at least from me) so I don't know...

So...yes...Buy this light stock. You will love it! There will be no regrets. Lumintop did an excellent job!
    i will fall into severe depression, if you decide not to pursue the modding of this light sir.......

The stock light is driven pretty hard already with a great UI. There's nothing really Vinh can do for it unless you want it to have Black Flat. CFT90 is kinda unobtanium.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    The stock light is driven pretty hard already with a great UI. There's nothing really Vinh can do for it unless you want it to have Black Flat. CFT90 is kinda unobtanium.

yeah, but my tn42vn, with the same led basically, puts out way more lumens than my gt?
    might be the kelvin difference, but it is a very noticeable output difference between the 2 lights.
    and the tn42 vn, heats up wayyy quicker for sure
    ive run the gt for close to 10 minutes on turbo, and it barely gets warm.
    the 42 gets very warm after only 4 or 5 minutes.

The GT is an astronomically larger host than the TN42, that might explan the major heat difference. XHP35 HI gets up to around 2500 lumen at around 2.5 amp. The GT is close to that output at 2amps. The extra half an amp really doesn't make too much of a difference. The designers of the GT purposefully kept the highest output at 2 amps because they saw no benefit to the 1-200 lumen gain for a big drop in efficiency.

The color difference shouldn't matter too much as the 4000k is the highest output bin for the XHP35 HI.

If you wanted something very different from stock light, the Black Flat will give a laser beam.

Flashaholic*

The GT is an astronomically larger host than the TN42, that might explan the major heat difference. XHP35 HI gets up to around 2500 lumen at around 2.5 amp. The GT is close to that output at 2amps. The extra half an amp really doesn't make too much of a difference. The designers of the GT purposefully kept the highest output at 2 amps because they saw no benefit to the 1-200 lumen gain for a big drop in efficiency.

The color difference shouldn't matter too much as the 4000k is the highest output bin for the XHP35 HI.

If you wanted something very different from stock light, the Black Flat will give a laser beam.
    dont want the black flat, with its puny 700 lumens , i want the CFT-90 LED!!
    4000 lumens otf, and 2 mcd , give or take , and ill be a happy camper
    Last edited by hahoo; 01-02-2018 at 09:34 PM.

The hotspot of the Black Flat is so intensed compared to other LEDs that its 700 lumens looks like 1500-2000 lumens from an XHP-35 HI.

Of course CFT90 in the GT would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    dont want the black flat, with its puny 700 lumens , i want the CFT-90 LED!!
    4000 lumens otf, and 2 mcd , give or take , and ill be a happy camper
    I can asure you it wont hit 2m cd in the GT. a stock tn42 does 700kcd. Vinhs tn42vn90 does around 900kcd. thats only 200kcd lux improvement. now lets take the GT. it does around 1.2 million CD. with CFT 90 it should do around 1.5 million cd.
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I can asure you it wont hit 2m cd in the GT. a stock tn42 does 700kcd. Vinhs tn42vn90 does around 900kcd. thats only 200kcd lux improvement. now lets take the GT. it does around 1.2 million CD. with CFT 90 it should do around 1.5 million cd.
    party pooper
    ok, ill settle on 1.75 mcd then
    as long as it beats my tractor supply, black magic plastic box, ill be happy
    man that thing is still unreal, even side by side with this new gt.
    it still tops it by just a smidge.
    mine must be tuned to perfection evidently...it hits a true 1.5 mcd on my meter everytime i test it
    kinda wish i would of never bought the darn thing ! lol !
    Last edited by hahoo; 01-02-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Flashaholic*

btw...this is a guess from somebody that knows lights pretty well, next door

if he is even close to being right, it will be a homerun
    yclongthrow wrote:
    So hypothetically, what kind of numbers would be seen in a BLF GT sized reflector, with the
    Luminus CFT-90

?
    2.3Mcd, ~3km throw
    ~4k lumens in spot, ~1.2k in spill.
    265m spot diameter at 1km
    10 degree beam divergence.

only time will tell..............

whats this tractor supply magic plastic box? if your taking about the 55W hid they sell with 9 inch reflector i have 2 of them and one does 900kcd and the other does 1.01 million cd. both have a perfect focus. i had another one with a odd beam at 900kcd and i returned cuz it broke. i dont see how 1.5M is possible mine are no where close . if your taking about a different light im all ears
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd

btw...this is a guess from somebody that knows lights pretty well, next door

if he is even close to being right, it will be a homerun
    yclongthrow wrote:
    So hypothetically, what kind of numbers would be seen in a BLF GT sized reflector, with the
    Luminus CFT-90

?
    2.3Mcd, ~3km throw
    ~4k lumens in spot, ~1.2k in spill.
    265m spot diameter at 1km
    10 degree beam divergence.

only time will tell..............
    iv already proved that is impossible. Even the Oslon would not hit 2 million. The throwing ability is 25% better based off the difference between the Xhp35 led and the CFT90 led in the TN42 host using real numbers. the bigger host will have the same 25% of throw improvement. Based on this guys estimate this led would need to have a 63% increase in throw over the xhp35 and its no where close. Now the led is not driven to its max in the tn42vn90. lets add 1000 more lumens and raise the throw Increase to 35%. So if the CFT90 throws 35% better in the GT over the Xhp35 then we get 1.7 million lux. and that is being generous. Im not trying to get you mad or anything i just dont want you to be dissapointed if its only 1.6m lol. and btw 1.6million and 5000 lumens is quite revolutionary in its own right.

I remember like 10 years back, 1GB was an immensely ridiculous amount of memory and people joked about having enough time in their lives to fill up such a capacity. Now in 2018, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find 1GB cards and it takes considerable effort to find even 4GB memory cards anymore.

In 2016, when I first started this flashlight thing, the TM16GT's 250k lux was a real big deal. Pushing it to 375k lux with the TM16GTvn was an absolute breakthrough.

Now in 2018, we've hit the "that's only 200kcd lux improvement" milestone.

By around this time next year, we will need to calculate the curvature of the earth and the effects of the sun and moon's gravity in order to measure accurate throw numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by eekazum View Post
    I remember like 10 years back, 1GB was an immensely ridiculous amount of memory and people joked about having enough time in their lives to fill up such a capacity. Now in 2018, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find 1GB cards and it takes considerable effort to find even 4GB memory cards anymore.

In 2016, when I first started this flashlight thing, the TM16GT's 250k lux was a real big deal. Pushing it to 375k lux with the TM16GTvn was an absolute breakthrough.

By around this time next year, we will need to calculate the curvature of the earth and the effects of the sun and moon's gravity in order to measure accurate throw numbers!
    LED technology is improving faster then any other tech i know of honestly. thats why im so into this hobby.

LED technology is improving faster then any other tech i know of honestly. thats why im so into this hobby.
    True that. I never thought of it that way. I'm probably the same without even knowing it. haha

Flashaholic*

iv already proved that is impossible. Even the Oslon would not hit 2 million. The throwing ability is 25% better based off the difference between the Xhp35 led and the CFT90 led in the TN42 host using real numbers. the bigger host will have the same 25% of throw improvement. Based on this guys estimate this led would need to have a 63% increase in throw over the xhp35 and its no where close. Now the led is not driven to its max in the tn42vn90. lets add 1000 more lumens and raise the throw Increase to 35%. So if the CFT90 throws 35% better in the GT over the Xhp35 then we get 1.7 million lux. and that is being generous. Im not trying to get you mad or anything i just dont want you to be dissapointed if its only 1.6m lol. and btw 1.6million and 5000 lumens is quite revolutionary in its own right.

yep, im talking about that 40 dollar , freak of nature hid from tractor supply
    mine hits 1.5 mill lux all day long
    dont know how , but it does it
    at 10 meters where i check it from,the hotspot is hard to even keep on the white part of the sensor eye its so tight , and concentrated
    its about the size of the white eye itsself at 10 meters.
    i must of got an absolutely perfectly focused one out of thebox
    ok, ill still take 1.6mcd , and 5000 lumens, and not be the least mad
    im always ears for any info,and knowledge, as long as the source is trustworthy, and polite
    Last edited by hahoo; 01-03-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by eekazum View Post

yep its nutts
    now they have games that are 30 or more gb ??
    for 1 game ?

yep its nutts
    now they have games that are 30 or more gb ??
    for 1 game ?
    I still remember the smoothness of Ocarina of Time on an N64 emulator on my Note 3 thinking this is just -wrong-!

Flashaholic*

GT is 2.5 Amps as well. Double click turbo is higher than ramp turbo

Quote Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
    GT is 2.5 Amps as well. Double click turbo is higher than ramp turbo
    Ah, so they did add it afterall. Well then the GT amped to its max pretty much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast